rugbyspaniel
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Does anyone know when the next competition board sits? I went to OASC in Jan and told I won't find out till Jun if I am on the November intake!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by rugbyspaniel)
Does anyone know when the next competition board sits?
lol a nice way to put it. I'm not sure. I know there is a board in June though. Sorry I can't be of more help. What branch did you apply for?
REME-Bod
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
lol a nice way to put it. I'm not sure. I know there is a board in June though. Sorry I can't be of more help. What branch did you apply for?
I got a letter from Cranwell saying I was on the Aug board (for reasons too obscure to explain in a nutshell), and I phoned them last week to verify it. They told me the next board was Aug, with nothing in between. Now I'm confuddled, cos I though the boards sat every three months. :confused:
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by REME-Bod)
I got a letter from Cranwell saying I was on the Aug board (for reasons too obscure to explain in a nutshell), and I phoned them last week to verify it. They told me the next board was Aug, with nothing in between. Now I'm confuddled, cos I though the boards sat every three months. :confused:
Now you've confused me. Although I hope the board is August as it will give me time to get an OASC date and mean I won't be waiting too long.....hopefully. Maybe Wzz can shed some light when he gets back.
REME-Bod
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
Now you've confused me. Although I hope the board is August as it will give me time to get an OASC date and mean I won't be waiting too long.....hopefully. Maybe Wzz can shed some light when he gets back.
Well, I have the letter here. It's addressed to my CO (which is why it took so long to get to me), and it clearly states the next review board is Aug. Other than that, your guess is as good as mine.
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
my date is in july, hopefully for sept. i heard that a lot of the staff have been ill which has messed up the system a bit this year, which is why my date is so late. 24 medics have already been shortlisted too! better pull my socks up!
ThomA2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
For September? As I understood it the first of the new format IOT is November. Or is SERE different?

I must say I'm still in the dark about which of you guys are going for direct entry, SFS, bursaries etc.

I was surprised at how many people I met that were going for sponsorship, especially considering I'd never even heard about it. Some of you do start this silly process young, don't you?
REME-Bod
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ThomA2)
For September? As I understood it the first of the new format IOT is November. Or is SERE different?

I must say I'm still in the dark about which of you guys are going for direct entry, SFS, bursaries etc.

I was surprised at how many people I met that were going for sponsorship, especially considering I'd never even heard about it. Some of you do start this silly process young, don't you?
Thanks. I know I've retained my boyish good looks, but I'm just a few months too old for SFS.
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Thanks. I know I've retained my boyish good looks, but I'm just a few months too old for SFS.
Lmao.
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

sorry, for a bursary, i've been put with a load of cadetship seekers apparantly, so i won't be able to wow them with my limited medical knowldge!
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

I'm going for 6FS and expecting to hear any time now whether I've been successful, as is Rab (we were at Cranwell at the same time). And when you know from a young age, exactly what you want to do careeer wise, age doesn't make a great deal of difference.
ThomA2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I know you're not!

Less of the sarcasm of I'll tell everyone the daft methods you use to remember where each type of aircraft is based...
flipflop2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
If i had good eyesight id become a fighter pilot. Spose im just stuck with medicine now.
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by flipflop2)
If i had good eyesight id become a fighter pilot. Spose im just stuck with medicine now.
Tis a hard life isn't it? Imagine just being stuck with medicine :p:
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by flipflop2)
you could be a doctor in the raf....

i heard its pretty jammy
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by medic_bex)
you could be a doctor in the raf....

i heard its pretty jammy
Yup, me too
REME-Bod
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I know you're not!

Less of the sarcasm of I'll tell everyone the daft methods you use to remember where each type of aircraft is based...
LMAO. OK, you keep quiet and I won't say a word about how you wimped out on a gentle jog.
ThomA2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
LMAO. OK, you keep quiet and I won't say a word about how you wimped out on a gentle jog.
I don't remember wimping out. Some other guy did but we went down to the other end of the village and stepped up the pace on the way back. You got nothing on me!
REME-Bod
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I don't remember wimping out. Some other guy did but we went down to the other end of the village and stepped up the pace on the way back. You got nothing on me!
Fair one... you kept there for the first "gentle jog". I had no one to bore the pants off for the subsequent nights though.
ThomA2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ah yes. I was probably sulking on the second night about my medical results. :hmpf:

Actually, I think I wandered down to the Spar for some paracetamol; I had a splitting headache after that day.

Believe it or not, I'm quite sure I would have struggled in my interview - at least, more than I did - had we not gone over everything on that "gentle jog", and for that I'm thankful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.39%
No (415)
66.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed