Your Cranwell date? Im looking at around July too
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThomA2)
I must say I'm still in the dark about which of you guys are going for direct entry, SFS, bursaries etc.
DE for Pilot. God knows my second and third options. Its a toss up between Nav, Aircrew or FC.
REME-Bod
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThomA2)
Believe it or not, I'm quite sure I would have struggled in my interview - at least, more than I did - had we not gone over everything on that "gentle jog", and for that I'm thankful.
yw
m0neypenny
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
Seems like everyone wants to join as an officer here, anyone know much about joining as airman, I have read everything I can get my hands on but I wouldnt mind knowing a bit more about the interview. I have my apitude tests on friday but I am fairly confident about them. Does anyone know if they are likely to talk about current affairs in the airman interview???

Thanks in advance
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
airman? It will be one of my choices. Thats not trades though, it is NCO. You have to go to Cranwell also and you will be asked about current affairs
Scorg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
airman? It will be one of my choices. Thats not trades though, it is NCO. You have to go to Cranwell also and you will be asked about current affairs
Nah, thats Aircrew if going by the raf careers website while airman would be the name given to trades.
Although even for trades i'd probably suggest having some form of knowladge of current afairs as you may be asked something about UK or world afairs
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ah I see. Silly mistake to make. Trades interviews I can talk about. It about 45 minutes long and like the officer filter interview. You will get asked about RAF knowledge, branch knowledge, training knowledge, bases, current affairs, etc etc. If you pass the interview then you go on to do an aptitude test. This is done at the local AFCO and is written. You can pick up a mock copy from the AFCO to practise on. Pass those and you wait for a medical date. Pass the medical and wait for a final int/training date. Hope that makes sense
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Its not a biggy. Seems to be an inconsistency over that one :eek: on the raf.mod.uk site.
Seen under raf strength refering it as airman aircrew in the same line but in others just as Aircrew like in the Ranks section.
Rab
Report 14 years ago
No letter I suppose Nikki
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Rab)
Nope, still waiting
Rab
Report 14 years ago
Well my friends theory is due to cutbacks they cant afford stamps.
REME-Bod
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Rab)
How 'bout you, Rab? Any news?
Silly Wench
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hi everyone,

Found this site a couple of weeks ago n its packed full of useful info. Ive got my interveiw at AFCO next week and this sites really helped with understanding OASC n stuff. Im still a bit iffy on recent military camaigns-is that like the iraq war and stuff like that.

Also, after that interveiw do you get told if you are going to Cranwell or do you have to wait for a reply in writing or something

Thanks
ThomA2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It varies from AFCO to AFCO, but chances are you'll be told there and then.

Recent military campaigns indeed includes Operation TELIC in Iraq.

http://www.raf.mod.uk/news/deplex.html
http://www.operations.mod.uk/
peegee
Report 14 years ago
What was wrong with your meds?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Silly Wench)
Hi everyone,

Found this site a couple of weeks ago n its packed full of useful info. Ive got my interveiw at AFCO next week and this sites really helped with understanding OASC n stuff. Im still a bit iffy on recent military camaigns-is that like the iraq war and stuff like that.

Also, after that interveiw do you get told if you are going to Cranwell or do you have to wait for a reply in writing or something

Thanks
some people get told after their interview (I was) but some others have to wait until they recieve an official letter. I guess it just depends on your AFCO and if they follow formality! What branch are you going for?
Rab
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by REME-Bod)
How 'bout you, Rab? Any news?
Nope they just like torturing me.
Silly Wench
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I'm goin in as a Supply Officer, I origionally wanted to do Air Traffic Control but my eyesight wasn't up to the standard it was meant to be. Thanks for the info, i wasn't sure, I heard 2 different stories, some people said you got told straight away afterwards, others said you got a letter......so it just depends on the AFCO then.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Silly Wench)
I'm goin in as a Supply Officer, I origionally wanted to do Air Traffic Control but my eyesight wasn't up to the standard it was meant to be. Thanks for the info, i wasn't sure, I heard 2 different stories, some people said you got told straight away afterwards, others said you got a letter......so it just depends on the AFCO then.
Yep, depends on the AFCO. How are you feeling about your interview? Hopefully this thread was useful for you. You are the first person I have seen on here who is going for supply officer!
Scorg
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
Yep, depends on the AFCO. How are you feeling about your interview? Hopefully this thread was useful for you. You are the first person I have seen on here who is going for supply officer!
Supply officer might be my second choice. But dont worry, Im not going to nick the place, ive a year to go before I can apply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.19%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.28%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (89)
19.43%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (185)
40.39%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.59%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise