Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravnos)
    If anyone need any information regarding standards now required for fitness tests for OASC let me know. I am not sure what they were before but iv got a revised copy now from the RAF.
    Please do post them, the info is very relevent
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I'm guessing it will be just like the annual fitness test....have that booklet here.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Part 2
    General Discussion
    Leaderless Exercise
    Group Planning Exercise
    Individual Planning Exercise (situation analysis)
    COmmand Situation Exercise
    Final Interview
    Fitness Test
    Take it final interview is the final debrief :confused:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    Now that, makes much more sense
    ... so the individual problem that they went to all the hassle of removing is back?

Oh good, some common sense
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Take it final interview is the final debrief :confused:
    Yup.

ReputationRep:
    My final interview came after the fitness test, kind of in a "final" fashion. I guess it might have changed, but I don't know why it would. The other stuff looks like an odd order to me too, it seems you go into the hangar, then back into the exercise room, then back into the hangar again?

Also, I've got blisters on both feet. Oops!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    That's the way it was when I did it back in the mists of time. Group chat first, then off for the leaderless, back for the paper tests, then in for the command tasks.

The hangar's a few yards away, it's not much of a walk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wzz)
    That's the way it was when I did it back in the mists of time. Group chat first, then off for the leaderless, back for the paper tests, then in for the command tasks.

The hangar's a few yards away, it's not much of a walk
    You know thinking about it, you could be right. I can remember walking over that skywalk more the once in each direction. I'm still sure the final interview comes last though, since I remember talking about being knackered
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well, back in my day there was no fitness test, because we figured that you were probably smart enough to get fit before pitching up for training :rolleyes:

So I have no idea where that goes.

ReputationRep:
    Im off to do my OASC selection on June 5th. Got a letter a few days from the RAF saying that there will be changes to the selection as of 1st May 2005. Firstly they say they need fitter people because too many people have not been fit enough to undertake IOT or get injured during it. Hence the candidated need to be able to meet the minimum pre-joining fitness test(PJFT). They are looking into fitness testing alot more now so just scraping the minimum might not really do you any favours considering the competetion you will be up against. The fitness test now consists of a bleep test as before, press up test and sit up test. All the required levels are detailed on the letter.

The second test which is new is the Individual Planning Test (situation analysis). The exercise consists of a period of private study in which you can read the setting and work a solution., followed by a short period of questioning by the Board staff about your solution. The main difference is that you carry out the task on your own and not in a group.

OASC is now split like this:

Part 1
    Aptitude Tests
    Medical
    Interview
    Review

Part 2
    General Discussion
    Leaderless Exercise
    Group Planning Exercise
    Individual Planning Exercise (situation analysis)
    COmmand Situation Exercise
    Final Interview
    Fitness Test

Letter ends by saying the changes have been made to ensure that the RAF selection process is robust and enables candidates of the right quality to be identified.
    i got that letter... you said it better than i did.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Firstly they say they need fitter people because too many people have not been fit enough to undertake IOT or get injured during it.
    I remember getting injured on IOT, and in common with a few mates, it had sod all to do with fitness.... still, nice grasping at straws, OASC
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I very much look forward to the experience. One way or another I'm going to damn well be in IOT by December. Its my own little goal. God knows which branch but dammit I will! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I very much look forward to the experience. One way or another I'm going to damn well be in IOT by December. Its my own little goal. God knows which branch but dammit I will! :p:
    :rofl: thats the spirit!
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by medic_bex)
    :rofl: thats the spirit!
    well hopefully! They would have to be pretty desperate, but they are going to let me friggin in this year so help me!

ReputationRep:
    well hopefully! They would have to be pretty desperate, but they are going to let me friggin in this year so help me!
    don't you lose your motivation after a bit??? i had to make myself go to a p2 presentation again cos i got the 'you're not gonna get in, just do something else feeling'
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by medic_bex)
    don't you lose your motivation after a bit??? i had to make myself go to a p2 presentation again cos i got the 'you're not gonna get in, just do something else feeling'
    3 years so far and no lapse yet. Just more ruddy determined as I'm sick to death of not being in! Although saying that I have no determination what so ever to get fit, well I do....ish. I will anyway I've just been more focusing on the paper based side to things.

ReputationRep:
    3 years so far and no lapse yet. Just more ruddy determined as I'm sick to death of not being in! Although saying that I have no determination what so ever to get fit, well I do....ish. I will anyway I've just been more focusing on the paper based side to things.
    And i'll be quizing you on the fitness stuff tomorrow too

For the motivation, in my case I gotten myself into the frame of mind that nothing else is of any interest.

I've tried the IT sector, where I did want to go, and never enjoyed it, So now its a case of following a dream and going for it (a little bit cheesy I guess :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    hmm... maybe its cos i've got a lot on my plate at the moment... the desire is still there, i just need to unlock it right before i go...

ReputationRep:
    How does it go now...

"Remember, pain is the body's natural way of reminding you that you are still alive"

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was 'pain is the weakness leaving your body'
    thats what my coach says, anyway...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.