This discussion is closed.
Scorg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ravnos)
If anyone need any information regarding standards now required for fitness tests for OASC let me know. I am not sure what they were before but iv got a revised copy now from the RAF.
Please do post them, the info is very relevent
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm guessing it will be just like the annual fitness test....have that booklet here.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Part 2
General Discussion
Leaderless Exercise
Group Planning Exercise
Individual Planning Exercise (situation analysis)
COmmand Situation Exercise
Final Interview
Fitness Test
Take it final interview is the final debrief :confused:
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
Now that, makes much more sense
... so the individual problem that they went to all the hassle of removing is back?

Oh good, some common sense
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Take it final interview is the final debrief :confused:
Yup.
ThomA2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My final interview came after the fitness test, kind of in a "final" fashion. I guess it might have changed, but I don't know why it would. The other stuff looks like an odd order to me too, it seems you go into the hangar, then back into the exercise room, then back into the hangar again?

Also, I've got blisters on both feet. Oops!
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
That's the way it was when I did it back in the mists of time. Group chat first, then off for the leaderless, back for the paper tests, then in for the command tasks.

The hangar's a few yards away, it's not much of a walk
ThomA2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
That's the way it was when I did it back in the mists of time. Group chat first, then off for the leaderless, back for the paper tests, then in for the command tasks.

The hangar's a few yards away, it's not much of a walk
You know thinking about it, you could be right. I can remember walking over that skywalk more the once in each direction. I'm still sure the final interview comes last though, since I remember talking about being knackered
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, back in my day there was no fitness test, because we figured that you were probably smart enough to get fit before pitching up for training :rolleyes:

So I have no idea where that goes.
Debussy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Im off to do my OASC selection on June 5th. Got a letter a few days from the RAF saying that there will be changes to the selection as of 1st May 2005. Firstly they say they need fitter people because too many people have not been fit enough to undertake IOT or get injured during it. Hence the candidated need to be able to meet the minimum pre-joining fitness test(PJFT). They are looking into fitness testing alot more now so just scraping the minimum might not really do you any favours considering the competetion you will be up against. The fitness test now consists of a bleep test as before, press up test and sit up test. All the required levels are detailed on the letter.

The second test which is new is the Individual Planning Test (situation analysis). The exercise consists of a period of private study in which you can read the setting and work a solution., followed by a short period of questioning by the Board staff about your solution. The main difference is that you carry out the task on your own and not in a group.

OASC is now split like this:

Part 1
Aptitude Tests
Medical
Interview
Review

Part 2
General Discussion
Leaderless Exercise
Group Planning Exercise
Individual Planning Exercise (situation analysis)
COmmand Situation Exercise
Final Interview
Fitness Test

Letter ends by saying the changes have been made to ensure that the RAF selection process is robust and enables candidates of the right quality to be identified.
i got that letter... you said it better than i did.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Firstly they say they need fitter people because too many people have not been fit enough to undertake IOT or get injured during it.
I remember getting injured on IOT, and in common with a few mates, it had sod all to do with fitness.... still, nice grasping at straws, OASC
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I very much look forward to the experience. One way or another I'm going to damn well be in IOT by December. Its my own little goal. God knows which branch but dammit I will! :p:
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I very much look forward to the experience. One way or another I'm going to damn well be in IOT by December. Its my own little goal. God knows which branch but dammit I will! :p:
:rofl: thats the spirit!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by medic_bex)
:rofl: thats the spirit!
well hopefully! They would have to be pretty desperate, but they are going to let me friggin in this year so help me!
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
well hopefully! They would have to be pretty desperate, but they are going to let me friggin in this year so help me!
don't you lose your motivation after a bit??? i had to make myself go to a p2 presentation again cos i got the 'you're not gonna get in, just do something else feeling'
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by medic_bex)
don't you lose your motivation after a bit??? i had to make myself go to a p2 presentation again cos i got the 'you're not gonna get in, just do something else feeling'
3 years so far and no lapse yet. Just more ruddy determined as I'm sick to death of not being in! Although saying that I have no determination what so ever to get fit, well I do....ish. I will anyway I've just been more focusing on the paper based side to things.
Scorg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
3 years so far and no lapse yet. Just more ruddy determined as I'm sick to death of not being in! Although saying that I have no determination what so ever to get fit, well I do....ish. I will anyway I've just been more focusing on the paper based side to things.
And i'll be quizing you on the fitness stuff tomorrow too

For the motivation, in my case I gotten myself into the frame of mind that nothing else is of any interest.

I've tried the IT sector, where I did want to go, and never enjoyed it, So now its a case of following a dream and going for it (a little bit cheesy I guess :rolleyes: )
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
hmm... maybe its cos i've got a lot on my plate at the moment... the desire is still there, i just need to unlock it right before i go...
cwarranto
Report 15 years ago
How does it go now...

"Remember, pain is the body's natural way of reminding you that you are still alive"
Debussy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i thought it was 'pain is the weakness leaving your body'
thats what my coach says, anyway...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (51)
19.84%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (58)
22.57%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (48)
18.68%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (54)
21.01%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (22)
8.56%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed