RAF : Officer / Pilot Entry Watch

Clairelouise
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
You get 20 mins individual prep for the group planning (all working in silence in the same room), then 20 mins discussion, then you are asked questions. All through the planning you are being watched by the board, so don't start swearing under your breathe when you can't work it out!

For the individual plan you have 20 mins prep in a quiet room. I found it really distracting as everyone is working frantically around you and someone is called out every few mins.

For both there are about 10 mins questions.

As far as I can remember anyway, I was a bit het up so might have remembered some of the times wrongly!
Darkforce
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Clairelouise)
I think you misread my post- I was retelling a strange theory my friend had about the clock as evidence of the OASC paranoia stories which go round, not suggesting that I can't read a clock!

Said friend is not quite 'with it'- he did manage to get in as pilot though, despite his clock issues.

Darkforce, what do you want to get sponsorship for?

I am of to try for air traffic controller and pilot in the sponsor.
Cheers
Live
Report 14 years ago
Ian,
Myself and Ravnos are also on the 5th June OASC, what are you applying for?

(Original post by ib_northants)
Does anyone know of there whereabouts of, or have
some practice speed/distance/time questions (please)?

I have been using the below resource to brush up on
my mental arithmetic:

http://www.ex.ac.uk/cimt/mep/index.htm

Key Stage 3 has some good stuff on fraction/percentage
conversion.

Two weeks to OASC now..

Ian.
mankyscot2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Do we get tested on mathimatical aptitude at Cranwell?
rugbyspaniel
Report 14 years ago
Once you pass OASC they will send you to Chicksands for a further aptitude test and I have been told that a good insight into trigonomotory would be helpful, your careers office should be able to give you more info.

Good luck
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey guys, I just recieved the "Notes On The Royal Air Force" booklet. I'm still awaiting my OASC date though. I'm having a flick through it and it looks like alright. Anyone get their dates soon after this?
Lady Venom
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Depends on what you answered to the 'how much notice do you require for your OASC dates' question! Normally quite soon after receiving the bumpf
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Apparently there is a booklet to come with the date. I put asap down on my forums so I suppose it's a case of more waiting. At least recieving the information is a positive thing.
mankyscot2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
Apparently there is a booklet to come with the date. I put asap down on my forums so I suppose it's a case of more waiting. At least recieving the information is a positive thing.
Hey BlackHawk, long time no speak...

How come I haven't bumped into you over messenger, you haven't blocked me have you?

J.K., you still not heard about your OASC dates yet, oh well, more time to prepare eh!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mankyscot2)
Hey BlackHawk, long time no speak...

How come I haven't bumped into you over messenger, you haven't blocked me have you?

J.K., you still not heard about your OASC dates yet, oh well, more time to prepare eh!
Hey honey, how are things? I've not been on MSN for awhile now as I've been at Wzz's. :love: I've just been coming online every so often to check emails. I'll be on over the weekend though so I'm sure I'll speak to you then. No OASC date, but I'll be checking the post over the next week or two! Hope uni is going ok
ThomA2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well folks, I'm heading to Cranwell tomorrow. Thank you to all contributors, you've been a real help and I hope you all achieve what you deserve.

Hopefully I'll be able to pop back occasionally and catch up. Wish me luck, eh?
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
start of training eh? Must be excited. Best of luck to you, and if you're around in a couple of months I'm sure I could offer you a beer
ThomA2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
By past experiences it'll be me buying you a beer; cadets/officers in every mess I've been in are astonishingly generous with their little bar slips.

I am excited admittedly, but also slightly afraid at what on Earth is going to happen. I decided against buying an electric bobble razor and am now regretting it. I hate that that's bothering me, it's pathetic
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ThomA2)
By past experiences it'll be me buying you a beer; cadets/officers in every mess I've been in are astonishingly generous with their little bar slips.

I am excited admittedly, but also slightly afraid at what on Earth is going to happen. I decided against buying an electric bobble razor and am now regretting it. I hate that that's bothering me, it's pathetic
Have you invested in the requisite cleaning products? I'm sure you'll enjoy it and who knows, maybe I will join you there before you pass out! I doubt you'll be allowed in the candidates mess when I pitch up for OASC so we could always arrange a night in the horrible little town outside Cranwell, especially if anyone else is about.
Lady Venom
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sleazeford
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
Have you invested in the requisite cleaning products? I'm sure you'll enjoy it and who knows, maybe I will join you there before you pass out! I doubt you'll be allowed in the candidates mess when I pitch up for OASC so we could always arrange a night in the horrible little town outside Cranwell, especially if anyone else is about.
I would avoid Sleaford like you'd avoid a dose of ebola. I would doubly avoid Sleaford; and anywhere else; when you're there and meant to be concentrating on selection....!

I know a good (ish) curry house near Cranwell, and two pubs spring to mind that are a short drive away which are probably worth a visit. Just maybe not the night before your interview, or before your fitness test....!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
I would avoid Sleaford like you'd avoid a dose of ebola. I would doubly avoid Sleaford; and anywhere else; when you're there and meant to be concentrating on selection....!

I know a good (ish) curry house near Cranwell, and two pubs spring to mind that are a short drive away which are probably worth a visit. Just maybe not the night before your interview, or before your fitness test....!
Well I'm sure we could stay a little longer on the last day if you like.
Silly Wench
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well folks, I'm heading to Cranwell tomorrow. Thank you to all contributors, you've been a real help and I hope you all achieve what you deserve.

Hopefully I'll be able to pop back occasionally and catch up. Wish me luck, eh?
All the best for Cranwell, I'm sure you'll be fine!
REME-Bod
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

If a bobble razor is your biggest worry then you're a happy man indeed. All the best, chap. Ring the bell when you get to the bar.
Eurofighter
Report 14 years ago
Wheres everyone gone, this was very popular, once.

One quick question, i was told to go in to the nearest AFCO in two months time and they said that there was two forms i had to fill in. One would be the application form but whats the second form.
Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (215)
12.42%
Excited (159)
9.19%
Worried (307)
17.74%
Terrified (383)
22.13%
Meh (176)
10.17%
Confused (37)
2.14%
Putting on a brave face (239)
13.81%
Impatient (215)
12.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise