BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
hey puk, missed you around here.

Date is a provisional 31st of January if I feel up to it. OASC are being very accomodating with me and letting me decide when I can attend.
puk2184
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Qui Audet, yep it's my DEPO course - why, you know anyone whos's attending?

BH, good news on the date, provisional isn't too delayed, yet gives you time to reckon when is the best time to go.
Are you going to attend on that date or specify another?
GR29KHS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
hey puk, missed you around here.

Date is a provisional 31st of January if I feel up to it. OASC are being very accomodating with me and letting me decide when I can attend.
Do you reckon you'll be ready?
john171
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Medical question regarding general pilot entry:

Do people with high blood pressure (not high when medication is used) have any distinct disadvange compared to other candidates?

Thanks in advance for your answers
Shéamais
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by puk2184)
Qui Audet, yep it's my DEPO course - why, you know anyone whos's attending?

BH, good news on the date, provisional isn't too delayed, yet gives you time to reckon when is the best time to go.
Are you going to attend on that date or specify another?
yeh, i am
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hmmm don't know Gem, I went on a treadmill today for 10 minutes (pathetic reall! ) and my foot was on fire afterwards. Still is a bit so I'm off to a hot bath.

Think I will think on it for a week or so.
Shéamais
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by john171)

Do people with high blood pressure (not high when medication is used) have any distinct disadvange compared to other candidates?

i thought people with slightly higher blood pressure were able to withstand the effects of G better, and so be an advantage, but i know nothing about the selection criteria for pilot
Scorg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BlackHawk)
Hmmm don't know Gem, I went on a treadmill today for 10 minutes (pathetic reall! ) and my foot was on fire afterwards. Still is a bit so I'm off to a hot bath.

Think I will think on it for a week or so.
Carefully as you go, as you know anyway, will take a bit of time for your foot to feel fully good again, but the main thing is, you have mobility and able to do some light running with this. What may work better is the Cross country machine, rather then it being impact and just rellying on movement, it may not hinder your progress
GR4pilot
Report 14 years ago

Go ask at your AFCO and they'll send a form off to the OASC medics. I would assume though that if you need regular medication for it, it could cause some problems.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

What; as is are they more likely to be rejected? They don't chop you for medical reasons unless you fail a specific requirement.
stirlingboy
Report 14 years ago
hey dudes,

Just readin your post bout your foot blackhawk, whats the injury specifically?
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
reocurring stress fractures in my right metatarsal. Finally got it sorted with the docs now though so it's just about building fitness again.

Blackhawk
Officerwannabe
Report 14 years ago
are you the same guy?
Alexio
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Hey, I'm in Year 10 at school and in May will be taking Work experience, I want to be a Fighter Pilot, so, any tips on what experience I should go for?
Thanks in advance.
Raptor
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Alexio)
Hey, I'm in Year 10 at school and in May will be taking Work experience, I want to be a Fighter Pilot, so, any tips on what experience I should go for?
Thanks in advance.
Yeah - Look carefully at your family history and see if you have any right to claim US Citizenship so you can join the USAF; it's the only way that you'll fly fighters as I doubt any of ours will still be flying by the time you're ready to apply.
GR4pilot
Report 14 years ago
Off/Wannabe - They're not the same person, but use the same PC, Blackhwak likes to confuse us by using Wzz's name

Raptor - Technically we don't fly any fighters now. I know I'm being a pedant but all our F3s are Weapons Systems Platforms, they get their butt kicked everytime they go into close combat with anything younger than a MiG21. Then again the russians don't know how to build radars or decent missiles so we're ok

Alexio - if you are anywhere near an RAF station get some work experience with them (pm me - I don't want anything more than a town or city name -with roughly where you live and I'll let you know the nearest station) Alternatively if you're a CDT ask your CO you'll more than likely be able to get something at your Wing HQ. And trust me when you get a little closer to joining you'll realise that you don't want fighters, if if doesn't have a GR in the name it's not really worth a look in
Raptor
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by GR4pilot)
Raptor - Technically we don't fly any fighters now. I know I'm being a pedant but all our F3s are Weapons Systems Platforms, they get their butt kicked everytime they go into close combat with anything younger than a MiG21. Then again the russians don't know how to build radars or decent missiles so we're ok
It's a shame that British Aircrew and Forces in general are suposedly trained to be amongst the best in the world yet we rely on antiquated kit that is in a semi permenant dog sh*t condition.

Isn't the Sea Harier FA2 a bona fide "Fighter" - they manged to waste a few Argies back in the day in the ealier guise of a FA1.
GR4pilot
Report 14 years ago
but it's as agile asa breeze block. FIGHTER's the role but it relys on high technology BVR weaponry rather than mixing it up with guns
KSpin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by GR4pilot)
And trust me when you get a little closer to joining you'll realise that you don't want fighters, if if doesn't have a GR in the name it's not really worth a look in
So what's the designation of the Typhoon, since it can do both air defence, and ground attack? I think I saw in a glossy book that they gave me at my Presentation, that it's called the F2?
GR4pilot
Report 14 years ago
yea, it's F2 - does anyone know if they're going to label the multirole varients differently FG perhaps - I'm just biased towards the Tornado GR4
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (309)
34.45%
No (588)
65.55%

Watched Threads