Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Yep, phoned OASC and confirmed it! The woman on the phone had a laugh and said 'So you're finally coming down then?'

ReputationRep:
    Lol, so so excited for you, as you know, it'll be four of the best days you've ever had.

ReputationRep:
    Be sure to tell us how it went you two when you get back , us lot back here are already dying to know lol :p:
    Good luck, though i'm sure both of you wont need it, what with this cracking forum here to answer the Q's.

ReputationRep:
    though i'm sure both of you wont need it, what with this cracking forum here to answer the Q's
    Here Here!

ReputationRep:
    Hi is anyone going to OASC end of March?

ReputationRep:
    I'm on familiarisation visit end of march, probably 22nd to 23rd

ReputationRep:
    cool, I've put down for then too, well and the 30th.

ReputationRep:
    I've put that the 22nd as my first choice - but I don't know how likely it is I'll get it. But as we were selected a while ago and will be medically/security cleared before a lot of the other people, we might be lucky enough to get our first choice fam visit. I believe Rogue's requested that date as well.

Then again we might get thrown into a pot and dates allocated at random. Such is the mystery that surrounds OASC.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, im Tom, new to the student room, i want to be a pilot in the RAF once i finish my A Levels, ive researched pretty much everything there is to be a pilot in the RAF, feel free to ask questions, also give me some tips or advice if you think i need some.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Welcome to TSR Armed Forces TMHNightfox. There are a few serving personnel on here so if you have any questions I'm sure most will be able to help.

ReputationRep:
    thank you blackhawk, ive heard you have a site with goiod info, is this true?
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Well, have a look at some of the stickied threads and larger threads and see what you think. There are a variety of people on here from different backgrounds so we can all offer different things, which is what makes this forum so useful. I think the ages range from 14-40+. There are Cadets, University Cadets, Cadet CIs, Pilots, ex personnel, serving personnel in the Army and Navy, etc. A real mix.

Where did you hear of this forum?

ReputationRep:
    just google
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Google told you it was a good site huh? Damn thing never tells me anything

Or did you mean do I have a site with information?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    Google told you it was a good site huh? Damn thing never tells me anything

Or did you mean do I have a site with information?
    google showed a conversation between us just because of a key word search remember

ReputationRep:
    you notice that BH didn't include 'serving medic' the only one we really need at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean Medical Officer, Medical Assistant or Medical Trade group personnel generally?

I am a serving RAF Nurse (RGN).
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    the anti hunting season is open:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=510529

ReputationRep:
    Sadly some shocking and restricted views over there. I'm expecting a massive bout of neg rep from posting now, but hey, I feel it was needed!

When I read 'anti-hunting season' I really did think you meant 'anti-fox hunting' and was all geared up to go and do my bit for Felix!

ReputationRep:
    I think we're all going on there and saying something! I bet they didn't expect that!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.