Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wzz)
    That's about right for a busy year. Plenty of time to brush up and practice your interview techniques; remember, a lot of people will be unprepared during their initial AFCO visit and need to work up a bit.

Wzz, can you answer the weighting question?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, Is anyone going to OASC on the 6th Feb 05?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rab)
    Hi, Is anyone going to OASC on the 6th Feb 05?

What branch(es) are you going for?

ReputationRep:
    Well i m going for sponsorship for Pilot or Fighter Control

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rab)
    Well i m going for sponsorship for Pilot or Fighter Control

I think there's quite a few people on here going for pilot, but I don't know anyone's exact date. I'm hoping to be there myself around that time; but not for those branches. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    What branches you going for? You had your filter interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rab)
    What branches you going for? You had your filter interview yet?

Medical Officer;I have my filter interview next Tuesday, so the nerves are starting to set in now!!

ReputationRep:
    is it true that there is a swimming test also?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt worry its not to difficult just think before you open your mouth and your do fine

ReputationRep:
    Soja theres only a swimming test for some branches

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soja)
    is it true that there is a swimming test also?

Not that I'm aware of, but I'm sure others will put me right if that's not correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rab)
    I wouldnt worry its not to difficult just think before you open your mouth and your do fine
    ave never swim before in ma life, does that mean i gotta learn b4 oasc? are there any specific dates for oasc?

ReputationRep:
    Just learn breastroke you only need to be able to swim a couple of lengths and tread water (I think thats all please correct me if I'm wrong). You get told the dates for your OASC after your filter interview and after Cranwell have considered your application to see if they want you to go there.

ReputationRep:
    so how long exactly do u reckon that will take? i mean how long do i have to wait after the filter interview?.

ReputationRep:
    Well i had my filter interview in late September and got told last week when I was going to Cranwell so not that long.

ReputationRep:
    do u have any idea if admin./supply branch are exempted from swimming? so when are u off to cranwell? 'i wish u every success.' guess u must be running up n down to keep fit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soja)
    so how long exactly do u reckon that will take? i mean how long do i have to wait after the filter interview?.

Soja, most of the questions you're asking have probably been answered before on this site Why don't you have a read through as it will probably provide you with everything (well almost) you need to know about the selection process.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe no, I've only got Part 1 this time round so no fitness test. Got Cranwell 6th Feb. Not sure if there exempted from swimming you could ring up an AFCO and ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rab)

I've done quite a bit of research into my chosen branch, had work experience etc, so if I'm not ready now I never will be!!! It's still quite nerve wracking though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rab)
    Hehe no, I've only got Part 1 this time round so no fitness test. Got Cranwell 6th Feb. Not sure if there exempted from swimming you could ring up an AFCO and ask.

I'm only doing part 1, which consists of aptitude test, interview and medical;so no fitness or swimming involved

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.