This discussion is closed.
Nikki J S
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
That's about right for a busy year. Plenty of time to brush up and practice your interview techniques; remember, a lot of people will be unprepared during their initial AFCO visit and need to work up a bit.

Wzz, can you answer the weighting question?
Rab
Report 15 years ago
Hi, Is anyone going to OASC on the 6th Feb 05?
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Rab)
Hi, Is anyone going to OASC on the 6th Feb 05?

What branch(es) are you going for?
Rab
Report 15 years ago
Well i m going for sponsorship for Pilot or Fighter Control
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Rab)
Well i m going for sponsorship for Pilot or Fighter Control

I think there's quite a few people on here going for pilot, but I don't know anyone's exact date. I'm hoping to be there myself around that time; but not for those branches. Good luck
Rab
Report 15 years ago
What branches you going for? You had your filter interview yet?
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Rab)
What branches you going for? You had your filter interview yet?

Medical Officer;I have my filter interview next Tuesday, so the nerves are starting to set in now!!
soja
Report 15 years ago
is it true that there is a swimming test also?
Rab
Report 15 years ago
I wouldnt worry its not to difficult just think before you open your mouth and your do fine
Rab
Report 15 years ago
Soja theres only a swimming test for some branches
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by soja)
is it true that there is a swimming test also?

Not that I'm aware of, but I'm sure others will put me right if that's not correct.
soja
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Rab)
I wouldnt worry its not to difficult just think before you open your mouth and your do fine
ave never swim before in ma life, does that mean i gotta learn b4 oasc? are there any specific dates for oasc?
Rab
Report 15 years ago
Just learn breastroke you only need to be able to swim a couple of lengths and tread water (I think thats all please correct me if I'm wrong). You get told the dates for your OASC after your filter interview and after Cranwell have considered your application to see if they want you to go there.
soja
Report 15 years ago
so how long exactly do u reckon that will take? i mean how long do i have to wait after the filter interview?.
Rab
Report 15 years ago
Well i had my filter interview in late September and got told last week when I was going to Cranwell so not that long.
soja
Report 15 years ago
do u have any idea if admin./supply branch are exempted from swimming? so when are u off to cranwell? 'i wish u every success.' guess u must be running up n down to keep fit
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by soja)
so how long exactly do u reckon that will take? i mean how long do i have to wait after the filter interview?.

Soja, most of the questions you're asking have probably been answered before on this site Why don't you have a read through as it will probably provide you with everything (well almost) you need to know about the selection process.
Rab
Report 15 years ago
Hehe no, I've only got Part 1 this time round so no fitness test. Got Cranwell 6th Feb. Not sure if there exempted from swimming you could ring up an AFCO and ask.
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Rab)

I've done quite a bit of research into my chosen branch, had work experience etc, so if I'm not ready now I never will be!!! It's still quite nerve wracking though
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Rab)
Hehe no, I've only got Part 1 this time round so no fitness test. Got Cranwell 6th Feb. Not sure if there exempted from swimming you could ring up an AFCO and ask.

I'm only doing part 1, which consists of aptitude test, interview and medical;so no fitness or swimming involved
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (0)
0%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (2)
11.11%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (5)
27.78%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (1)
5.56%
No, nothing has changed (5)
27.78%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (5)
27.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed