JMC
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
Top idea- although it would just make me spend even more time on here :rolleyes:.

Can't even imagine how busy you would get!! :eek:
cwarranto
Report 15 years ago
OK then, how about this one.

A current substantive Flt Lt in the RAFVR(T) going for RAF Regular Commission. What rank does he/she have through IOT and upon Graduation?

Prizes for the winner....
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They're nothing; previous volunteer service doesn't count. Ask any UAS RAF(VR) A/Plt Off, for example.
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
Why isn't there a chat facility on this site? It'd be a lot more sociable than wandering away from the bike in pieces on my floor to the computer to refresh every 15 mins

I think admin are looking at putting one on, or something similar
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Nikki J S)
I think admin are looking at putting one on, or something similar

Actually, I've just looked on The Student Room page and it's a shout box they're thinking of introducing;sounds quite chaotic and unmanageable on this kind of forum!!
Scorg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
might be a good idea to arrange an irc group chat at some time or the rather crude way of using msn/windows messinger and inviting people into chat
Arch-Angel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by REME-Bod)
A lot clearer... but to muddy the waters even more...what if an ex-ranker who is also a graduate...?
A question of mine - and I've seen Wzz's answer - particularly since I get my OU degree at the end of the year.

To be honest I couldn't care less what they call me, as long as I get an IOT slot!! The "current rate of pay + 4%" is spot on; by all accounts the service is not allowed to cut your pay.

Oh, and I'm up for an on-line chat session... but what about using MSN or Yahoo or something like that?
steve_nels
Report 15 years ago
just got bak from cranwell, and well....

i passed everthing medically and the aptitude tests i was told i got the highest out of the 30 of us who went. Unfortunately i have been turbed down fr aircrew due to "two tract infections" i suffered from when i was 3 and 5 (see earlier posts if you wish) therefore my 15 odd year dream is now...over. Very upset and was so close cant beleive it
carrierlanding
Report 15 years ago
Sorry mate.
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by steve_nels)

i passed everthing medically and the aptitude tests i was told i got the highest out of the 30 of us who went. Unfortunately i have been turbed down fr aircrew due to "two tract infections" i suffered from when i was 3 and 5 (see earlier posts if you wish) therefore my 15 odd year dream is now...over. Very upset and was so close cant beleive it

Aaaww...sorry

Are you interested in any other branches?
Nikki J S
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Scorg)
might be a good idea to arrange an irc group chat at some time or the rather crude way of using msn/windows messinger and inviting people into chat

Sounds like a good idea, but it'd probably need someone to collect contact details and pass them on to people who are interested. I don't fancy posting my details on here.

Any takers?
Philos
Report 15 years ago

Sorry chap, bet your gutted, are you thinkin of any ground branches?
This probably means nothing now but may be it just wasnt meant to be,

sorry again phil
REME-Bod
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Arch-Angel)
A question of mine - and I've seen Wzz's answer - particularly since I get my OU degree at the end of the year.

To be honest I couldn't care less what they call me, as long as I get an IOT slot!! The "current rate of pay + 4%" is spot on; by all accounts the service is not allowed to cut your pay.
The 4% bit came as a surprise to be, albeit a pleasant one. I thought it was just a case of mark-time on pay until it caught up with current rate.

(Original post by Arch-Angel)
Oh, and I'm up for an on-line chat session... but what about using MSN or Yahoo or something like that?
Ditto.
REME-Bod
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Sorry to hear it. Did they give you any alternative options?
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Sounds like a good idea, but it'd probably need someone to collect contact details and pass them on to people who are interested. I don't fancy posting my details on here.

Any takers?
I'll do it if no-one else wants to. If people want to PM me their MSN addresses etc, I'll add everyone to my contact list, stick you all in a little group, and we can sort out a time to chat.
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Sorry to hear that. There are a lot of little medical issues which can crop up like that which bite people.

Join a ground branch; I don't know anyone who's regretted it. I've met plenty of people in my time who go on about how they "could have been a pilot" but now work in a bank... alternatively, I've met a lot of ground branch guys who have terrible eyesight but still love their jobs as controllers, stackers or whatever.
jamesfyvie
Report 15 years ago
I have received another letter in October, saying that i was not successful in the reselection interview, but i will be put forward again in December, so at least its not all bad news. Ive met a few people who received this letter 2 or 3 times before being accepted.
This will be my third time up to the re selection commitee plate. Does this mean I am more likely to be chosen? Do i move up a list of people who could be accepted each time or is it simply down to the quality of the candidates for that particular time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I just hope that if i do get offered a commission it is with one of the branches i chose. I did select the regiment as option 3, recently though i have started to wish that i had put it higher up the list. Anyone know if there is a demand, or at least more than other branches for Regt Officers?
I've noticed the RAF is advertising for gunners, but yet have given up responsibility for the Rapier?
any help would be appreciated, i'm starting to go crazy being in limbo.
Scorg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

Any takers?
That was the main reason I suggested IRC, as it doesnt require anyone to give out contact details, as we would all join a central server and remain fairly anonimous except for our nickname.

Noticed Wzz saying to PM him msn contacts so thats fine as well although irc is a better system I feel for doing this
REME-Bod
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Scorg)
That was the main reason I suggested IRC, as it doesnt require anyone to give out contact details, as we would all join a central server and remain fairly anonimous except for our nickname.

Noticed Wzz saying to PM him msn contacts so thats fine as well although irc is a better system I feel for doing this
If you're that concerned about anonymity, then why not simply create a new Hotmail account with your nickname just for this purpose?
Hey presto!
Arch-Angel
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jamesfyvie)
I have received another letter in October, saying that i was not successful in the reselection interview, but i will be put forward again in December, so at least its not all bad news. Ive met a few people who received this letter 2 or 3 times before being accepted.
This will be my third time up to the re selection commitee plate. Does this mean I am more likely to be chosen? Do i move up a list of people who could be accepted each time or is it simply down to the quality of the candidates for that particular time? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I just hope that if i do get offered a commission it is with one of the branches i chose. I did select the regiment as option 3, recently though i have started to wish that i had put it higher up the list. Anyone know if there is a demand, or at least more than other branches for Regt Officers?
I've noticed the RAF is advertising for gunners, but yet have given up responsibility for the Rapier?
any help would be appreciated, i'm starting to go crazy being in limbo.
Can't really comment - however, take heart from the fact that you haven't been told that you're not suitable to be commissioned. Not easy I know, but would you rather be told "No, sorry...not suitable...don't bother applying again"?

They have been advertising for Gunners for quite some time now so I don't believe that this is a factor in the delay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise