Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregіstered)
    When I say your brain shuts down, I mean you're not conscious.
    You said 'cease to function'. That's different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregіstered)
    When I say your brain shuts down, I mean you're not conscious.
    Yes but the brain isn't actually shutting down so that is a poor way to phrase it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    What if you are a zombie?
    What if?..

I don't understand the question.

When you die you turn into a ghost. Everyone knows that. And i've seen loads of them. Honestly thats what happens believe me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UNREGISTEREDU)
    When you die you turn into a ghost. Everyone knows that. And i've seen loads of them. Honestly thats what happens believe me.
    No, that's what you believe happens. There is a difference.

when u die, your spirt floats 2 the sky and lives on a big white flufyy cloud with god.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_shoebox)
    when u die, your spirt floats 2 the sky and lives on a big white flufyy cloud with god.
    and the proof for that is....

(Original post by Ralfskini)
    No, that's what you believe happens. There is a difference.
    No I KNOW didn't you hear me? I have PHYSICALLY SEEN loads of ghosts. I see dead people all the time to use the pun.

ReputationRep:
    No I KNOW didn't you hear me? I have PHYSICALLY SEEN loads of ghosts. I see dead people all the time to use the pun.
    Right, but many members here, dont live in a mortuary.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry - the men in white coats will be here soon! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Don't worry - the men in white coats will be here soon! :rolleyes:
    The Antarctic Corps?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    The Antarctic Corps?
    LOL!!! Not quite.

ReputationRep:
    Noone on here can hear you, only read your words.

You can only physically see things, there is no other way to see something.

It's not a pun, it's a cliché.

ReputationRep:
    tut tut tut. A blatent unreg.

ReputationRep:
    The closest feeling to being dead and know it the next day is waking up from a night of no dreams, you felt nothing and in reality you did not know if you existed, its only till the morning comes and wake up to realise you are still here. Time did not move, it was instant you wasent self aware in them 8 hours of sleep so an eternety would not make a diference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saintsin)
    The closest feeling to being dead and know it the next day is waking up from a night of no dreams, you felt nothing and in reality you did not know if you existed, its only till the morning comes and wake up to realise you are still here. Time did not move, it was instant you wasent self aware in them 8 hours of sleep so an eternety would not make a diference.
    I would say that's a pretty good analogy.

ReputationRep:
    yeah that is a good analogy. Although you do dream everynight (im pretty sure) it all depends on when you wake up. If you wake up while having the dream you remeber the ones before and the current. But if you wake up a couple of mins after your last dream ie. you are out of REM then you remember 0. But yeah. when you are in the real of no REM sleep, you are not conscious of anything. You are just merely living on a minimal level. And if you die in your sleep, you just don't wake up.

The best way to die is in your sleep.

(Original post by SasunD)
    yeah that is a good analogy. Although you do dream everynight (im pretty sure) it all depends on when you wake up. If you wake up while having the dream you remeber the ones before and the current. But if you wake up a couple of mins after your last dream ie. you are out of REM then you remember 0. But yeah. when you are in the real of no REM sleep, you are not conscious of anything. You are just merely living on a minimal level. And if you die in your sleep, you just don't wake up.

The best way to die is in your sleep.
    Rarely happens though. Most people die a painful death Sad but true.

That would horrible to just fall asleep in pain and never wake up, or knowing that your never going to wake up.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.