The Student Room Group

Where did you work for work experience whilst at Secondary school?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rahmeh.
A week at a dental practice. Seeing implant surgeries was amazing!

I'm getting an implant soon, I don't think it'll be such an invigorating experience. Though at least my bf is performing it (as dental nurse) and I'm getting a discount. :h:

Very bloody stuff. + a need for extra bone in the area.
Reply 341
I did one week at a police station and another week at a school working in the pe department. Soon found that teaching wasn't for me
Reply 342
bump
I worked at the Leicester City Council. It was a good experience, they even gave me a gift and a card before I left. :smile:
At an opticians.

Was good as I got to remove people's eyes.

I jest, it was just admin lol.
Reply 345
Vision Express - it was great!
Reply 346
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
At an opticians.

Was good as I got to remove people's eyes.

I jest, it was just admin lol.

lol
Reply 347
Christian Aid. Had a good time and they paid for my lunch:biggrin:
I did my week at a theatre :biggrin:

Spent time in marketing & publicity, education department and doing production stuff in the scenery and props warehouse and wardrobe department.
I worked in an aluminium extrusions company for a week just shadowing various people. It was incredibly dull.
Reply 350
bump
My local Library- Borring..!:call:
2 weeks at a hospital with the surgery/anaesthetics department :biggrin:

1 week at an engineering firm via my cousin :yawn:
Reply 353
Still at secondary school haha.
4 days at a hospital.
5 days in GP's office next month :smile:
Reply 354
Started at a nursery (had no real intention of ever working with kids in the future but the hours were good and it was just down the road) some of the kids were sweet but after cleaning up after a kid weed on the floor and really not having anything to do all day except watch the kids (the staff weren't very friendly either) I quit and went to work the riding school where I still help out now.
2 weeks at a primary school
Reply 356
A week in the library. They were so lovely in there - they even bought me a card and a box of chocs before I left :'D
I did two weeks on the news team at my local radio station in Year 10, then went back there every school holiday for two years. It was fun, but the station kept lurching from one financial crisis to another (it's now ceased broadcasting after it was taken over by a rival) and I was never allowed to do anything live, only pre-recorded stuff like the entertainment news and writing up press releases etc. Occasionally I was sent out on to the streets to do vox pops, though, which meant approaching random strangers on the high street and asking them to talk into a microphone about what they thought about something that was in the news that week.
Two weeks spent at school.
Visiting other people on their amazing work placements.

It wasn't that bad. But I feel a little cheated, because I can't actually really reference my work experience for anything..
Reply 359
1 week at a vets :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending