Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just signed up for this after reading everyone's posts and suddenly feeling a lot less alone in the confuzzling world of higher education!
    I got my oxbridge letter this morning as well, i've been trying not to think about it too much because i'll just worry,but its hard to be in denial when they send you confirmation letters. My colleges are:
    1) Lincoln
    2) Worcester
    3) Pembroke
    What else... I got five As in AS Levels and now i'm studying Bio, Chem, Maths, Gen Studies to A2 and Further Maths to AS Level.
    Chemistrys definitely my fav subject and its what i want to do at uni, though its got so much harder this year, it seems that the textbooks make up the rules as you go along. (but hey isnt that what chemistry's all about?)
    Love
    Bex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WiLd_cHiLd)
    I just signed up for this after reading everyone's posts and suddenly feeling a lot less alone in the confuzzling world of higher education!
    I got my oxbridge letter this morning as well, i've been trying not to think about it too much because i'll just worry,but its hard to be in denial when they send you confirmation letters. My colleges are:
    1) Lincoln
    2) Worcester
    3) Pembroke
    What else... I got five As in AS Levels and now i'm studying Bio, Chem, Maths, Gen Studies to A2 and Further Maths to AS Level.
    Chemistrys definitely my fav subject and its what i want to do at uni, though its got so much harder this year, it seems that the textbooks make up the rules as you go along. (but hey isnt that what chemistry's all about?)
    Love
    Bex
    Welcome aboard.

ReputationRep:
    1) Lincoln
    2) Worcester
    3) Pembroke
    Love
    Bex
    got mine today aswell but for Law at New,St. Catherines,and another i forgot i presume your applying to do Chemistry at Oxford

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hotnanoo)
    got mine today aswell but for Law at New,St. Catherines,and another i forgot i presume your applying to do Chemistry at Oxford
    Yep, after a lot of soul searching on which subject was for me i chose chemistry, theres so many places you can go with it, the subject can be as broad as you want to make it.
    I've definitely chosen the right subject for me, but i still wish i could live my life over and over and learn a different discipline in each, maybe i'm just greedy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Welcome aboard.
    aboard what?

ps ha @ pembroke!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    aboard what?

ps ha @ pembroke!
    uh oh... is pembroke a bad thing?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, after a lot of soul searching on which subject was for me i chose chemistry, theres so many places you can go with it, the subject can be as broad as you want to make it.
    I've definitely chosen the right subject for me, but i still wish i could live my life over and over and learn a different discipline in each, maybe i'm just greedy.
    greedy i think every body would like to do that ... including me

ReputationRep:
    the longer you stay on this forum the worse pembroke will look, probably because it is, why is it one of your colleges ?

ReputationRep:
    pembroke is one of the poorest (pem*broke*), so you have to pay higher rent

Whats stopping you from doing a different discipline over and over again in one lifetime? There isn't any law saying you can only learn one disciple.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Wild Child, this is the Macdaddy a.k.a. Street Soldier a.k.a. Juwel, hope you have fun with us!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Welcome Wild Child, this is the Macdaddy a.k.a. Street Soldier a.k.a. Juwel, hope you have fun with us!
    Lol, and you whine about the rap stereotypes.
    Word up souljah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    Lol, and you whine about the rap stereotypes.
    Word up souljah.
    Dude I'm just bringing the jokes (business as usual)!
    Fa shizzle my nizzle y'all!

ReputationRep:
    Dude I'm just bringing the jokes (business as usual)!
    Fa shizzle my nizzle y'all!
    Fo shizzle in the hishizzle watching tha televizzle.

side note: this is fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Petrozzi)
    Fo shizzle in the hishizzle watching tha televizzle.

side note: this is fun!
    Televizzle hahaha class!

It's the Juwelizzle and the Petrozzizzle in da hizzle dizzle, fa shizzle!

Nah I prefer rhyming slang (though no Cockney uses it more than once a day...)

ReputationRep:
    Televizzle hahaha class!

It's the Juwelizzle and the Petrozzizzle in da hizzle dizzle, fa shizzle!

Nah I prefer rhyming slang (though no Cockney uses it more than once a day...)
    haha, petrozzizzle is quite mouthfulizzle.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 7, 2003
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.