This discussion is closed.
two_headed_monk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
why arent the youth of today (god i sound old) as active as in the 70's? i mean, the fawklends war was to stop a revolution of sorts and so was WW1. but why dont we give a damn..... we should be out there kicking ass!
jstringer
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
???????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????? ?????
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by two_headed_monk)
why arent the youth of today (god i sound old) as active as in the 70's? i mean, the fawklends war was to stop a revolution of sorts and so was WW1. but why dont we give a damn..... we should be out there kicking ass!
The Falklands war was to prevent invasion by Argentina of the only land we occupied within striking distance of mainland USA. And WW1 was a bloody mess - not exactly revelutions :confused:
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
The Falklands war was to prevent invasion by Argentina of the only land we occupied within striking distance of mainland USA. And WW1 was a bloody mess - not exactly revelutions :confused:
Yeh you kind of confused me there!

But if you mean the "youth of today" should be more politically active then I totally agree! I blame the Conservatives and Labour slightly for given Politics a image that doesn't relate to us..
-Sharp-
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Yeh you kind of confused me there!

But if you mean the "youth of today" should be more politically active then I totally agree! I blame the Conservatives and Labour slightly for given Politics a image that doesn't relate to us..
well this sounds all down to the education that schools give. I am 14 yeh- i am an above average student. appart from in maths i am average. and i have no idea wat goes on in polotics and stuff like that!
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by -Sharp-)
well this sounds all down to the education that schools give. I am 14 yeh- i am an above average student. appart from in maths i am average. and i have no idea wat goes on in polotics and stuff like that!
No its not really down to education- although I did do politics at school thats not what got me interested in it. I'm not saying that you will be but I think you should find out at least..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (313)
52.69%
No (281)
47.31%

Watched Threads