The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I say go for doing work in summer hols, and then maybe stay in UK and do a bit of voluteering where u live.

It'll look good on your CV, Personal statement etc, and it'll be good for your soul.
Reply 2
An art foundation year is a further education course, but it's not a gap year. It's a year so you can build up your portfolio and make up your mind before choosing your actual degree. On that note, it is definitely a full time course (though I think you can apply to part-time art foundation in some places)
In terms of holidays and breaks, I'm guessing if you did a foundation at a university then you'd have the same breaks as the rest of the university, but if you do it at a local college or similar than you'd have the same breaks as though you were at school (don't quote me on that, though. I'm only applying to foundation this year, haha).
If you wanted to do some conservation projects and do more A Levels then I would recommend actually taking a year off for a gap year, then you can apply to art foundation if you want the year after (bearing in mind if you're over 19 at the time of application then you have to pay the course fees, otherwise it's free).

Latest