The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Alcohol5%
How younf is too young for going out with someone? Obviously a 2 year gap between a 16 yr old and a 14 yr old is bigger than a two year gap between a 22yr old and a 24 yr old.

And what about sex? Should an age gap be ignored, even if one person is perhaps legally too young?

i couldnt go with anyone whos more than a year younger than me, the amturity level is dramatically different, i couldnt deal with feeling like a mum (so to speak). i suppose when im older it wont be such a big deal
Reply 41
At this moment in time I wouldn't go out with anyone who is younger than Year 12
lessthanthree
the chafage would be too hard to bear.

plus, nobody likes leftover salt.

*******s to salt, its chafage plus vinegar you wanna worry about...
Reply 43
angel D
i have overprotective parents (they flipped)

yeah i remember i didnt tell my parents, but i think my mum had an idea, and i know she wasnt happy about it, which is understandable, my sisters 14 and if she was going out with someone who was 19/20 id be pissed off.
i remember when i was 15, i didnt think of myself as being a kid, but now i look at my brother and sister and other people who are around that as being kids, whereas i think of someones whos 20 as an adult.
Reply 44
I very much agree with Ariel4.
When I was 14 I thought of myself as near enough an adult. I'm the oldest child in my family and often looked after the younger relatives. This and other things meant I matured quickly. Still in retrospect, I wasn't as adult as I thought.
Now my little sister is 15, she doesn't seem at all like an adult to me. Sure she is somewhat less mature then me, but thats the age that most people think of themselves as adults.

But we have to face the facts, kids are having sex at a younger age. I had sex ed within school from a young age (Primary school..Year 3 I think) Obviously it was only very basic. But in secondary school I had one lesson on contraception, which only covered intrusive methods the women undertake. (Scared the whole class).
If there was more information given at a younger age, say in year 7 and 8, I honestly think that less kids would make mistakes.
Luize
I very much agree with Ariel4.
When I was 14 I thought of myself as near enough an adult. I'm the oldest child in my family and often looked after the younger relatives. This and other things meant I matured quickly. Still in retrospect, I wasn't as adult as I thought.
Now my little sister is 15, she doesn't seem at all like an adult to me. Sure she is somewhat less mature then me, but thats the age that most people think of themselves as adults.

But we have to face the facts, kids are having sex at a younger age. I had sex ed within school from a young age (Primary school..Year 3 I think) Obviously it was only very basic. But in secondary school I had one lesson on contraception, which only covered intrusive methods the women undertake. (Scared the whole class).
If there was more information given at a younger age, say in year 7 and 8, I honestly think that less kids would make mistakes.

Sex-ed is a way forward but the whole way British society functions and British moral values won't change overnight no matter how many sex-ed classes you create. But it is better than nothing...

What's more important in a child's development is how sex is perceived from people around them. If it's seen as something very naughty, that you don't talk about... kids are going to think about doing it as soon as they can.
Plus we have huge issues with nudity in the UK.

Anything that's supposedly naughty/bad but supposedly fun is going to interest a 13 or 14 year old kid.

A lot of kids in this country have no reference about sex (I'm not talking about the technical aspects but the social ones). Parents don't talk about it, school doesn't talk about it, television hides any form of nudity, any talk of sex. So where did they get informed? Probably from the worst source possible: other young kids who haven't got a clue.

In Spain, despite being more open about sex, due to religious/family values, kids there lose their virginity 2 years later on average.
Reply 46
id say 2 years down and however many years up
Reply 47
I dunno, I'm 22 now, and I wouldn't have a problem with 17.

16 would be a bit hmmm, but if she was worth it, and 17 soon, I could be convinced!

Latest

Trending

Trending