This discussion is closed.
CrzySxyCool
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
right my head of school gave this assembly today and it was all about this woman who died from a bomb attack and her father and family forgave the people who killed their daughter. And then he was going on about how you should forgive someone doesnt matter what they have done?and this would make you a better person? i myself do not agree with this and i was wondering what everyone else's opinion on this is?
(sorry if you cant understand i cant be bothered to go into the whole story!)
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by CrzySxyCool)
right my head of school gave this assembly today and it was all about this woman who died from a bomb attack and her father and family forgave the people who killed their daughter. And then he was going on about how you should forgive someone doesnt matter what they have done?and this would make you a better person? i myself do not agree with this and i was wondering what everyone else's opinion on this is?
She is lying. Ask yourself could you truly and completely forgive 100%, somebody who killed your family? I know I couldn't, I wouldn't be able to ocntain my anger. But if she really meant it, she must have a lot of self control.
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Was this a religous assembly? I don't agree with it either. I mean the whole concept of forgiving someone sounds to me as if your telling whoever your forgiving thats its ok.
Somethings are so wrong that you shouldn't be accepted to just accept it..
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
ye thats what i thought. But it was a man that was forgiving by the way!no it wasnt religious, well! But they were saying how this man was praying for these people that killed her everynight. my mum was recently killed by her boyfriend of 3 months and i certainly wouldnt ever in a million years even consider forgiving him!!
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
ye thats what i thought. But it was a man that was forgiving by the way!no it wasnt religious, well! But they were saying how this man was praying for these people that killed her everynight. my mum was recently killed by her boyfriend of 3 months and i certainly wouldnt ever in a million years even consider forgiving him!!
Woah.. can't even begin to imagine how much hatred you feel towards him! You don't ever have to forgive him but just make sure that he doesn't turn you into a bitter person..
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
ye everyone has told me that, but i havnt been changed by it really. I think that thinking about my mum and not thinking about him has changed this though. I cant even begin to imagine my brother's feeling he was 10 when it happened and was extremely close to my mum(as i was, hes 11 now!) but back to the point i really think that it was some kind of PUBLICITY STUNT for the man because i cant see how someone could do that!oh yeah and he got radio 4's man of the year award.!! forgot to say that.
The Cool Dude
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Wel guys

My principles are always to forgive and forget, dont hold grudges.
We make mistakes, we say things we dont mean, we do things others may not approve.

That i understand.

If someone murdered one of my family members or something similarly as dreadful as that, then it would be hard for me to forgive maybe, i will probably still be upset and pissed.

But for little things i think you should forgive and forget.
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
yes of course small things should be forgiven, i myself can never hold a grudge when something silly happens, im just saying about the person from my assembly forgiving(and even praying for)the people that killed his daughter!!its a bit disgusting if you ask me.
Bigcnee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
It's one of those things where an event shakes your life so profoundly that you wouldn't know what you'd feel in that situation. So I don't think we can judge this person.
Kimmie
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Ooooo moral dilemma!I'm not sure if a could fully forgive the person, but I'd learn to accept it because the hatred would just eat me up and I don't like hating people.The 'forget' part is the most crucial to me, not like, to forget your family, but to remember them in life more than how they died.I think it takes a strong person to fully forgive a person like that, I'm not sure if i am one.
CrzySxyCool
Rep:
?
Um bigcnee(or whatever your name is!sorry!)as ive earlier said in this post my mum was killed by her boyfriend last year, so yes i do know how it feels, and i can say i would never ever forgive him.
FudgeMonkey
Report 17 years ago
I do not no what i would do in this situation, it is pretty hard to tell. Every1 probaly likes to think they could forgive, but realisticley it is alot harder than it sounds.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (228)
51.35%
No (216)
48.65%

Watched Threads