This discussion is closed.
gloopy
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Just wanted to see what others thought about contact lenses!
I know theres another thread on here about glasses......

I wanna get conacts now, cos my glasses are so strong that they're starting to make my eyes look small!

So which is better- daily or monthly!!? Taking into consideration comfort, convenience and price...

Thanks
Unregistered88
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by gloopy)
Just wanted to see what others thought about contact lenses!
I know theres another thread on here about glasses......

I wanna get conacts now, cos my glasses are so strong that they're starting to make my eyes look small!

So which is better- daily or monthly!!? Taking into consideration comfort, convenience and price...

Thanks
go to specsavers gloopy!!!
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered88)
go to specsavers gloopy!!!
Monthly.. (I reckon) if you can be bothered to clean them everyday etc..
nabzp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
monthly...from specsavers cos they're the cheapest (12 squid a month) n replace them withut any fuss if u rip em.

there is also ones that i fink specsavers do that u can keep in the the full 30 days...thats nite n day n not take em out @ all...they're 25 squid tho.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Monthly lenses are cheaper, but there ends their benefits. They require careful cleaning, and are unsuitable for a suprisingly large number of people.

Daily lenses are a bit more expensive but in every respect, as someone who has used both daily and monthly lenses, they are better.

Be careful of the monthly lenses you can leave in. They are bad for your eyes and a friend of mine who has them has to take them out and clean them every morning anyway. if you can afford them, don't look further than daily lenses.
Albion
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
Be careful of the monthly lenses you can leave in. They are bad for your eyes and a friend of mine who has them has to take them out and clean them every morning anyway.
Are you sure about that? How do you know monthly lenses you keep in all the time are bad for your eyes? Do you really think companies like specsavers would sell a product without making absolutely sure it couldn't damage the health of their customers eyes?

I'm thinking of starting to wear those ones as I wear monthly disposable lenses now but its crap goin cos if I have them in at 8AM to go to college and I have them in all day and I go out on the nightime but by 10PM my eyes are really dry and stuff with my lenses in. I was at a house party the other week and I had to take my contacts case, my solution ect to take my lenses out before I went to sleep. With continuous wear monthly lenses they sound great cos you can just put them in and forget about them, especially for goin to uni where there shall no doubt be many a wild party, havin to remember to take ur lenses out wouldn't be ideal.

However you're right in that at £25 a month the continuous wear lenses are not cheap, in a year thats £300. If I wear them for the 3 years Im at uni thats £900 altogether! Nearly a grand on contact lenses alone, and students have enough financial burdens already as it is.
byb3
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i bought mine for £60, £30 each....I have had them now for about 10months and clean them after I use them. I am wearing them now and they're fine!

Adam
nabzp
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Albion)
Are you sure about that? How do you know monthly lenses you keep in all the time are bad for your eyes? Do you really think companies like specsavers would sell a product without making absolutely sure it couldn't damage the health of their customers eyes?
Yeah I am sure...I thought it was a bit strange as well.

It's best 2 have a trial whatever type u go for...the first ones I had irritated me for days.
Petrozzi
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Tednol)
Monthly lenses are cheaper, but there ends their benefits. They require careful cleaning, and are unsuitable for a suprisingly large number of people.

Daily lenses are a bit more expensive but in every respect, as someone who has used both daily and monthly lenses, they are better.

Be careful of the monthly lenses you can leave in. They are bad for your eyes and a friend of mine who has them has to take them out and clean them every morning anyway. if you can afford them, don't look further than daily lenses.
I made a thread on this about a month ago, just to let you know since then I'm all set up from Vision Express and using Focus Daily Soft Lenses. They're great in every respect but I'm having a slight problem at the moment on whether to wear them when I clubbing. I think I pay about £25 a month on them for 30 pairs which is ample when you're split wearing (wearing some glasses when you're at home at the computer). I definately recommened contacts to the people who are getting annoyed with glasses, go and arrange a consoltation and see if they're right for you.
nabzp
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Oh n I forgot to mention, the 12 squid ones from Specsavers are Gas Permeable...i.e they let ur eyes 'breathe' so u can put em in first thing in the mornin n don't have to take em out till late...so on a school day I'll put mine in @ 7am and taken them out at 11pm probs. They don't dry ur eyes up n the great thing is they don't do any damage if u accidentally leave them in all nite. But really, the best person to talk to is ur optician. Never wash any sort with water tho!
rainbo
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
comfort wise would it be Dailys or monthlys?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (587)
49.96%
No (588)
50.04%

Watched Threads