The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Tuesday night in leeds

Hi Guys,

Me and a friend both have interviews at leeds uni on the 17th and have decided to stay the night as we're from down south. Just wondering if anyone knows of any good places we can go for good night out?

Leeds is coincidently both of our first choice uni, so we are hoping to get a good feel of the place and student life when we're down. Does anyone know whether anything fun is happening at the student union, we've had a brief wonder around stylus but we'd really like to check it out when its wheels are in motion.

Thanks!
Reply 1
what sort of music are you into.
dry dock- boat which is a pub is £1 pint.
tiger tiger (im not really a fan of this place but £1.50 double vodkas nomnom)
bourbon
space is amazing on tuesdays
cockpit
subculture (not been but again its cheap student night)

x
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
There isn't a lot on in the Union on a Tuesday night so it's probably not the evening to see it at it's best. You could always start your night in the Union though, somewhere like the Terrace Bar or the Old Bar. Both are good.

When you get in to town there's always LOADS on a Tuesday. If you want to see one of the bigger student nights, Tuesday @ Space is definitely a good one (see above), Tiger Tiger again (but it's probs not the best) or just head to a bar like Varsity, Dry Dock or Risa.

Have a good night as I'm sure you will!
ah ha just what i was looking for :biggrin:

iv never been out on a tues dispite being in leeds since sept :s-smilie: so i wouldnt really judge it on a tues
but i have friends coming up this tues so have to take em somewhere.....
im thinking tiger tiger i quite like it there... only been on a sat before though... thinking they'll be drunk enough before they get there to notice lol :biggrin:
x
Reply 4
You could go down to some of the bars on Call Lane. Risa and Tiger Tiger are chains and will not give you a fair impression of nightlife in Leeds. That said, being newcomers, it'll be tough to find unless you're a good map reader.
For student life though, a trip up to the student ghetto of Headingley might be an idea.
Gissing
You could go down to some of the bars on Call Lane. Risa and Tiger Tiger are chains and will not give you a fair impression of nightlife in Leeds. That said, being newcomers, it'll be tough to find unless you're a good map reader.
For student life though, a trip up to the student ghetto of Headingley might be an idea.

you hardly need to be SAS trained orienteers to find Call Lane. Just look on the map at where Call Lane is, about 3 min from the train station....
Reply 6
If anyone wanted to do anything on a Tuesday evening there is the Comedy Cellar at Verve. It's free entry, and starts about 8pm.
MintClub, if you fancy a place that's cheap just to get liq'd up, carpe is £1.25 a pint on tuesdays

Quick Reply

Latest