Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    I think you should tell him to wait another 45 minutes...
    Yes but I'm not planning on sticking around another 45 minutes - I wanna go to bed!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    what is going on??
    You taking the mick Dan? You know what I'm on about...

ReputationRep:
    You taking the mick Dan? You know what I'm on about...
    no, and i'm not going to read this thread, so could you abridge it for me plz.

ReputationRep:
    no, and i'm not going to read this thread, so could you abridge it for me plz.
    I mean your signature.
    Basically (if my memory serves me well) someone asked if we were virgins. Then someone said "Sex after marriage" and we discussed. Then a few pages of the usual repartee, and I asked about Chicken's name. There.

ReputationRep:
    I mean your signature.
    Basically (if my memory serves me well) someone asked if we were virgins. Then someone said "Sex after marriage" and we discussed. Then a few pages of the usual repartee, and I asked about Chicken's name. There.
    Yep, thats about it, that sums it all nicely in an eggshe........nutshell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Hahaha. Thought you were going to bed!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Bhaal you're obsessed. A bit cuckoo if you will (crap I know). You need help...

ReputationRep:
    I mean your signature.
    oh, my signature, ofcourse I'm taking the piss!

ReputationRep:
    oh, my signature, ofcourse I'm taking the piss!
    Kolo Toure and Sol Campbell... what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Kolo Toure and Sol Campbell... what do you think?
    campbell's world class and toure is the revelation of the season, got his name on my shirt.

ReputationRep:
    campbell's world class and toure is the revelation of the season, got his name on my shirt.
    Sol ain't hit form yet in my opinion (understandable I suppose) but Toure is surprising everyone. But not me (and my mate who supports Arsenal), I knew he was no flash in the pan. But I didn't expect him to do so well at centre-back!
    I still remember when he scored on debut, he ran straight to Wenger like "Daddy Daddy look I scored!" We make loads of jokes about that...

ReputationRep:
    Sol ain't hit form yet in my opinion (understandable I suppose) but Toure is surprising everyone. But not me (and my mate who supports Arsenal), I knew he was no flash in the pan. But I didn't expect him to do so well at centre-back!
    I still remember when he scored on debut, he ran straight to Wenger like "Daddy Daddy look I scored!" We make loads of jokes about that...
    sol's been pretty damn consistent this season, hasn't really had a terrible performance. He's always the rock in the centre.
    Toure's only surprising because's he's played so well at CB. Everyone knew he had pace, and was comfortable on the ball (unlike sol), but to be so accomplished at Cb was the surprise.
    Make the jokes you want about him. He had a pretty shite upbringing in the Ivory Coast, if you care to read his bio. He is, and was so glad to 'break out' of that life that he called everyone 'sir' around the training pitches (probably still does). All Arsenal supporters have the upmost respect for this guy and the respect he's shown everyone, so you can make all the jokes you want.

ReputationRep:
    sol's been pretty damn consistent this season, hasn't really had a terrible performance. He's always the rock in the centre.
    Toure's only surprising because's he's played so well at CB. Everyone knew he had pace, and was comfortable on the ball (unlike sol), but to be so accomplished at Cb was the surprise.
    Make the jokes you want about him. He had a pretty shite upbringing in the Ivory Coast, if you care to read his bio. He is, and was so glad to 'break out' of that life that he called everyone 'sir' around the training pitches (probably still does). All Arsenal supporters have the upmost respect for this guy and the respect he's shown everyone, so you can make all the jokes you want.
    Hey calm down man I rate Kolo, I don't take the mick out of him. Didn't know that about him though, bit of an eye-opener.
    What do you think about the sale of Matthew Upson? I reckon Wenger is kicking himself, particularly since he ended up with Cygan instead, and I know which one I'd rather have...

ReputationRep:
    Hey calm down man I rate Kolo, I don't take the mick out of him. Didn't know that about him though, bit of an eye-opener.
    What do you think about the sale of Matthew Upson? I reckon Wenger is kicking himself, particularly since he ended up with Cygan instead, and I know which one I'd rather have...
    selling upson = worse desicion made by Wenger @ Arsenal. (buying cygan, possibly 2nd worse??)
    At least he's partially redeemed himself with Kolo, if Upson was still @ Arsenal, then maybe Kolo wouldn't be playing, so maybe it's turned out quite well??

What about old sally? Hitting the goals now (and about time). Still, I think that you'll bring someone else him to partner rvn. Apparently Arsenal should have some money to bring in a striker in January.

ReputationRep:
    selling upson = worse desicion made by Wenger @ Arsenal. (buying cygan, possibly 2nd worse??)
    At least he's partially redeemed himself with Kolo, if Upson was still @ Arsenal, then maybe Kolo wouldn't be playing, so maybe it's turned out quite well??

What about old sally? Hitting the goals now (and about time). Still, I think that you'll bring someone else him to partner rvn. Apparently Arsenal should have some money to bring in a striker in January.
    Maybe it did turn out well, although would you not have Kolo on the left as he played before? It would be a stronger squad with Upson and not Cygan, and you could do with that.

If you mean Diego, yes I'm so pleased for him! I've been defending him against all my mates who call him a flop, and my faith is rewarded, well done Diego! I think Fergie is pleased with the present system, and despite the speculation I doubt he will get anyone else in. I think he wants to blood David Bellion in as cover for Ruud, and Ruud does look like he could do with a rest. We wouldn't need to buy anyone when the window arrives (fingers crossed) with Ole, Wes and the Golden Nugget Scholes returning.

Where will Arsenal get the money for a new forward from? And does Henry really need a partner? Maybe play Ljungberg in the hole, Raymond in the middle or right if Bobby plays left?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it did turn out well, although would you not have Kolo on the left as he played before? It would be a stronger squad with Upson and not Cygan, and you could do with that.

If you mean Diego, yes I'm so pleased for him! I've been defending him against all my mates who call him a flop, and my faith is rewarded, well done Diego! I think Fergie is pleased with the present system, and despite the speculation I doubt he will get anyone else in. I think he wants to blood David Bellion in as cover for Ruud, and Ruud does look like he could do with a rest. We wouldn't need to buy anyone when the window arrives (fingers crossed) with Ole, Wes and the Golden Nugget Scholes returning.

Where will Arsenal get the money for a new forward from? And does Henry really need a partner? Maybe play Ljungberg in the hole, Raymond in the middle or right if Bobby plays left?
    I think you will buy someone, its what your club do.
    Apparently funding for the new stadium is very nearly in place, if it is then it'll free money for at least one reasonble transfer. Kluivert's going cheap if we can pay his wages. If Ruud or Henry get injured, then we're both in trouble, so I think we'll both be looking to bring in a new striker.

Kolo instead of Cole on the left? Not a good option, Cole is doing well there and he's a left footer. Kolo is versatile, but he needs a regular slot. He plays at CB for the ivory coast, and did for Breeven, so he's not, as all the papers keep on saying a 'converted winger,' its actually his prefered position.

I don' think Upson would've held around just to be a backup player, which was why he had to be sold.

I don't really like Ray on the right, prefer Freddie there. We need a 'hold' player, if Kanu can buck his ideas up then it won't be a problem, his form is a bit better than last year, but he needs to be a lot better. Noone doubts he has the talent, but we all think he doesn't put the effort in, which doesn't make him the most popular player at the team.

ReputationRep:
    I think you will buy someone, its what your club do.
    Apparently funding for the new stadium is very nearly in place, if it is then it'll free money for at least one reasonble transfer. Kluivert's going cheap if we can pay his wages. If Ruud or Henry get injured, then we're both in trouble, so I think we'll both be looking to bring in a new striker.

Kolo instead of Cole on the left? Not a good option, Cole is doing well there and he's a left footer. Kolo is versatile, but he needs a regular slot. He plays at CB for the ivory coast, and did for Breeven, so he's not, as all the papers keep on saying a 'converted winger,' its actually his prefered position.

I don' think Upson would've held around just to be a backup player, which was why he had to be sold.

I don't really like Ray on the right, prefer Freddie there. We need a 'hold' player, if Kanu can buck his ideas up then it won't be a problem, his form is a bit better than last year, but he needs to be a lot better. Noone doubts he has the talent, but we all think he doesn't put the effort in, which doesn't make him the most popular player at the team.
    I doubt Upson would have been the backup. But then Toure's talents at CB may not have come to light at Arsenal...

I don't really like the way United buy players sometimes, e.g. the transfer of Veron to us was like Fergie's way of saying "we can compete with the big boys in the transfer market, we have a big name in". Though his signings this time have pleased me, particularly young Tim! I wouldn't bring anyone more in now but I'm not the manager...

Parlour should partner Vieira in CM in my view, he is more of a footballer than Gilberto. He will give more and with Pat he will win you the midfield. Kanu is a strange one, he seems to show up in the last few moments of a game. The boy Aliadiere looks promising, maybe bring him through?

ReputationRep:
    I doubt Upson would have been the backup. But then Toure's talents at CB may not have come to light at Arsenal...

I don't really like the way United buy players sometimes, e.g. the transfer of Veron to us was like Fergie's way of saying "we can compete with the big boys in the transfer market, we have a big name in". Though his signings this time have pleased me, particularly young Tim! I wouldn't bring anyone more in now but I'm not the manager...

Parlour should partner Vieira in CM in my view, he is more of a footballer than Gilberto. He will give more and with Pat he will win you the midfield. Kanu is a strange one, he seems to show up in the last few moments of a game. The boy Aliadiere looks promising, maybe bring him through?
    Gilberto is thoroughly underrated in midfield, especially by Arsenal fans. He is a defensive wall, breaks up attacks, and allows Vieira to move forward more. Wenger likes him a lot, and imo Ray isn't good enough on the ball to have a regular slot, his passing just isn't good enough.
    Jermaine will be blooded through, hopefully this season, but I still think we need another striker, and if we can offload Wiltord in January (for no money, just to save on wages) it'll free up some money for another striker.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2003
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.