This discussion is closed.
JoshSweet
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Dzien dobry, jak sie masz? Mnie, wszykto w porzadku. Mam nadzieje ty bedziesz rozumiec!! Moja nauczyciala polski byla bardzo dorbze, ale wiele nie robie pamietac tutaj.....

I hope that made sense. I went out to Rzeszow in 2003 and I was the only one actually trying to learn the language. The family I was staying with were EXTREMELY impressed with my progress. I can easily convert nouns into accusative, dative, genetive, instrumental, like with ham (szynka). When you have ham it is "mam szynke(,)" but when you have a ham sandwich it is "Mam kanapki z szynka(,)". But a lot of the other stuff I've forgotten.....

I love languages, I'd like to get back into Polish, its such a difficult but interesting language.
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I was brought up billingual English/German, but I am half Polish so I wish I could speak that too!

I just spent 4 days in Krakow - it's an amazing place and so cheap. I'm gonna try to learn Polish at some point. But it's a difficult language.
capslock
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by elpaw)
my parents forced me to learn it by speaking to me entirely in polish since i was born. i learned english in 3 months when i started primary school at 4.
Out of interest did that have any effect on your English accent?
goldenbarnes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My friend's half Polish, but the only words he knows how to say are convenience store and octupus. True story.
Fade Into Black
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Can I ask those who learn languages outside school how they go about doin it and how long it takes too be fluent in a language which is self taught???
I would lik to know Polish but I suppose unless your family is Polish its not really that useful, (no offence!!) or am I in the wrong??
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
My mum spoke in German and my dad in English. That's how I learnt both. (Also school and TV for English). It's the easiest way by far and ensures accent-free languages.
Fade Into Black
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
How about if you dont have parents which speak the languages that you want to learn??
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (178)
46.48%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.62%
Change uni choice through clearing (90)
23.5%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.7%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.7%

Watched Threads