Turn on thread page Beta

hello,

I recieved a letter today from my college,

it told me that there wil bel a one hour test at my interview (if there is one).

can anyone tell me what this test will be about and how I could prepare?

Whats the nearest airport to oxford? Shall I book any tickets?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n4m3)
    hello,

it told me that there wil bel a one hour test at my interview (if there is one).

For which subject?
    Your Oxford college / school should have specimen papers available.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n4m3)
    hello,

If it's anything like Cambridge it's going to be on your chosen subject to assess your ability, though the real test is at interview when you go over your answers and stuff. I could be very wrong, you need an Oxford head to tell you.

ReputationRep:
    I have a TSA test. Is it the same?

whats specimen?

the only paper enclosed said nothing to what the test would be about.

has oxford an airport?

ReputationRep:
    Oxford has an airport.

Which subject/college?

economics and management
    new

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n4m3)
    economics and management
    new
    Wait 2-3 days. I have last years paper in my hand *shakes paper* so i will get it scanned in (possibly tomorrow), however it may already be online if you look around a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Wait 2-3 days. I have last years paper in my hand *shakes paper* so i will get it scanned in (possibly tomorrow), however it may already be online if you look around a bit.
    This is a prime example of why uk-learning is ace.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.admissions.ox.ac.uk/interviews/tests/EM.pdf

edited to say: looks quite easy, actually easier than the PPE one, though what do I know, I guess.

thanks a lot

(Original post by llama boy)
    http://www.admissions.ox.ac.uk/interviews/tests/EM.pdf

edited to say: looks quite easy, actually easier than the PPE one, though what do I know, I guess.

the link for law doesnt work, does any one know any law papers? questions asked etc

(Original post by Unregistered123)
    the link for law doesnt work, does any one know any law papers? questions asked etc
    yeh i know the above link was economics and management, though the law link doesnt work. i thought i make it clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    Oxford has an airport.
    But it only caters for private planes (although I believe a commercial flight to Cambridge is starting soon) -- if arriving by a normal airline then the nearest airports are the London ones, Birmingham, and Southampton. For London there are excellent coach connections with Heathrow and Gatwick, and adequate ones with Stansted and Luton. For the other two then it'd be a train journey.

ReputationRep:
    Damn where did this just appear from - I just posted a new thread :mad:

Anyay get last years test here.

ReputationRep:
    ill be taking a train up to oxford; got a lift from parents last time and it was impossible to park so they had to leave right away anyway so there wasnt much point in them coming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Damn where did this just appear from - I just posted a new thread :mad:
    I just stumbled across it after doing a search and answered the airport question -- sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    I just stumbled across it after doing a search and answered the airport question -- sorry!
    No i wasn't annoyed at you - just myself becuase when i searched for "economics management oxford" it didn't come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    No i wasn't annoyed at you - just myself becuase when i searched for "economics management oxford" it didn't come up.
    OK -- the search facility here does seem a little eclectic in what it throws up at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander)
    OK -- the search facility here does seem a little eclectic in what it throws up at times.
    eccentric you mean

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.