2009 applicants....APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS...edition #2!

Watch this thread
rupertbear91
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Spindles)
That's great that you're both excited about Bristol, and you should be! Obviously I can't speak for the vet school but the city itself is awesome, I love living here. The balloon Fiesta is like a famous thing, but there's a few things like that in summer. The best thing about Bristol is it can be exactly what you want it to be - if you want it to be really chilled out and relaxed then it is, equally, it has good nightlife and stuff as well. It's such a good mix of the two.

I feel I should perhaps warn you though that the only bad thing about Bristol is bus fares. For some reason it's more expensive here than anywhere else I've been. But luckily, you can walk pretty much everyone between town and the centre that you need to really easily.

Also, I've read a few posts saying people are gonna bring cats/dogs to uni in 2nd year, is this true? Who lets you do it, because that's brilliant if so!
I am defo hopin to get a dog for 2nd year if i go to notts. I think it wd be possible in other unis to but probalbly better having a cat in the city but at notts its countryside Also you can book your dog into the uni at notts for the day when you want! Quite a few notts students do it!
J_E_N_N_Y
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by rupertbear91)
I am defo hopin to get a dog for 2nd year if i go to notts. I think it wd be possible in other unis to but probalbly better having a cat in the city but at notts its countryside Also you can book your dog into the uni at notts for the day when you want! Quite a few notts students do it!
well i do actually think what was said on the dog matter was something along the lines of you cant book them in for more than 3 days in a row and you have to book in advance cause they get full up.
rupertbear91
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
yh i think it was, but aslong as they get walked in the evening/ morning i think it wd work cos there is no one home wiv my dogs during the day atm they just get plenty of walks and attention in the evenings/morning and at weekends!
Phoebe_Vet
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by nellied)
We have an old amplefordians news things for my college - and even though i've been gone several years i'm going to put a piece in the news section about my offers and stick that up their *?&%* for all their negative comments and the fact they never thought i could do it - first time around they gave me a 1 line reference :mad: 'Saph usually achieves something eventually when she puts her mind to it' that was it ! :rolleyes: Grrrr! This time i have lovley reference which i'm sure helped me a lot...
That's shameful! What is wrong with people? I don't understand why some are so keen to put others down all the time, especially teachers. They're meant to be encouraging students to go for what they want to in life, not telling people they aren't good enough and making them doubt themselves. I'm really sick of hearing how common it is. They need to realise that no-one achieves anything when they don't believe in themselves and they aren't helping by being so negative. They could be destroying someones future with their stupid, idiotic comments. Anyone can do anything when they put their mind to it and all that is needed is a bit of encouragement! More people respond to that than stupid put downs by arrogant abnoxious, sat on their high horse teachers. Grrrrr!

So well done Nellied and anyone else who's proven these type of people wrong! SHAME ON THEM!!!!!
Rachhyyyy
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
i had another vets rign me today about the work experience letter i sent .. YAY!! gona ring them back in a mo! im so excited for next year.. its gone be great!

3 days.. AHHHH yucky results
Dissey
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Spindles)
That's great that you're both excited about Bristol, and you should be! Obviously I can't speak for the vet school but the city itself is awesome, I love living here. The balloon Fiesta is like a famous thing, but there's a few things like that in summer. The best thing about Bristol is it can be exactly what you want it to be - if you want it to be really chilled out and relaxed then it is, equally, it has good nightlife and stuff as well. It's such a good mix of the two.

I feel I should perhaps warn you though that the only bad thing about Bristol is bus fares. For some reason it's more expensive here than anywhere else I've been. But luckily, you can walk pretty much everyone between town and the centre that you need to really easily.

Also, I've read a few posts saying people are gonna bring cats/dogs to uni in 2nd year, is this true? Who lets you do it, because that's brilliant if so!
Hey, thanks! It's great to hear about the city from an actual Bristolian. Shame about the buses =(

You can bring them if you find a place where the landlord allows pets, and apparently lots of 2nd/3rd years bring their pets along with them. Also, if you're going to be living with vets I don't think any of them would mind it.
x_dwin_ffeimys_x
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
On the dog/cat at uni talk, I dont think i could bring mine, I would be affriad of feeding him vodka and kebabs after a night out, and they are not house trained. I think they would actually hate it living with me at uni, after being used to roam frre i the country side....lol

and thanx for all the help regarding the AAA/AAB/ABB thingi..... I'll just wait till thursday to see where I stand.
Lucky rachyyy, I still havnt had a reply from the letters I sent. Think I'll just phone around on wednesday
Dissey
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
My cat's a bit too house-trained ;( Haha, I don't think they would ever drink vodka even if you presented it to them lol. Arthur hates minty smells, so if I'm chewing gum he scrunches up his face and tries to get further away lol.
Bubbles4_uk
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Phoebe_Vet)
That's shameful! What is wrong with people? I don't understand why some are so keen to put others down all the time, especially teachers. They're meant to be encouraging students to go for what they want to in life, not telling people they aren't good enough and making them doubt themselves. I'm really sick of hearing how common it is. They need to realise that no-one achieves anything when they don't believe in themselves and they aren't helping by being so negative. They could be destroying someones future with their stupid, idiotic comments. Anyone can do anything when they put their mind to it and all that is needed is a bit of encouragement! More people respond to that than stupid put downs by arrogant abnoxious, sat on their high horse teachers. Grrrrr!

So well done Nellied and anyone else who's proven these type of people wrong! SHAME ON THEM!!!!!

Yeah...my first reference from school was pretty crap....there was a sentence..'una rarely criticises others'...erm doesnt that imply that sometimes i do?! i dont even know where she got that from anyway...cranky. anyway you're entitled to see the reference before it is sent and voice any issues you have with it. It's always good to double check EVERYTHING the school SHOULD have checked...ie putting the wrong grades in the reference etc. grrr teachers
PsYCho ThInKeR
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
for my school reference you have to be interviewed by two seperate teachers at seperate times. its a pain booking time slots and you have to pick atleast one head. they don't put anything bad in it. they only comment on the good, but your not allowed to read it, if u ask u get a huge lecture on trust.
it must have been good as i got interviews.
nellied
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles4_uk)
Yeah...my first reference from school was pretty crap....there was a sentence..'una rarely criticises others'...erm doesnt that imply that sometimes i do?! i dont even know where she got that from anyway...cranky. anyway you're entitled to see the reference before it is sent and voice any issues you have with it. It's always good to double check EVERYTHING the school SHOULD have checked...ie putting the wrong grades in the reference etc. grrr teachers
I asked to see mine and they weren't going to let me first time round so i quoted the data protection act and said i had a right to see it lol :yep:
LDVet
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
If I ever brought my cats along, they would be into everything. They're just a bunch of mischief-makers really.
Take this one. Looks like an "angel" doesn't he?

http://i42.tinypic.com/2vdpc76.jpg

He steals socks (somehow) from other people's houses and sneaks into their garages, so he comes back covered in muck. Love him though.
Does anyone know if Edinburgh people can take their pets with them btw?
nellied
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
carrying on the dog at uni talk - how about Liverpool - i really want my dog to come with me because she pines if i'm away for a couple of days
Rachhyyyy
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
awww how cute.... my dog only goes mad if i leave her with someone else and walk away... she thinks she is missing out on something.. in fact i dont think ive left her for even a day before so i dont no what she wud do if i left.. i couldnt take her to uni.. she is a kenneled dog and there arnt any pheasants in the town.. is a plus for notts tho.. i could take my dog.. maybe i will apply there next yeaaaar.. hmmm..

i rang back the vets,, they cant find the work experience form but sed i could definatly go and they would try and fit me in before october thats 3 vets now

thursday is gona be a good/bad dayy... everyone will no how much work they are gona have to for june exams.. eeeeek!
Transatlanticdrawl_
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
I would love to bring my westie to uni later on after a few years, but she's too attatched to my mum. You know like with that template thing where the first thing a duck sees it literally follows and won't let out of its sight, well my dog has that with my mum. If I took her anywhere she'd just cry and cry lols
Rachhyyyy
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
and my college asked me what i wanted them to write in my reference.. hahahaa.. it was AMAZING.. didnt help me tho.
rupertbear91
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LDVet)
If I ever brought my cats along, they would be into everything. They're just a bunch of mischief-makers really.
Take this one. Looks like an "angel" doesn't he?

http://i42.tinypic.com/2vdpc76.jpg

He steals socks (somehow) from other people's houses and sneaks into their garages, so he comes back covered in muck. Love him though.
Does anyone know if Edinburgh people can take their pets with them btw?
OMG he is soooo cute

yh im not plannin on takin my dogs they r happy here nd 2 big labs will be a squash. Gona miss them sooo much tho. I am planning on getting a young cross breed medium to small size to bring in 2nd year in notts. I guess you cd hv them in liv if you found an animal friendly place but i guess i just wdnt as its a city i wd find it hard not giving them fields and woods to run in.
Transatlanticdrawl_
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
Lolcats never get old
Rachey123
Rep:
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by nellied)
carrying on the dog at uni talk - how about Liverpool - i really want my dog to come with me because she pines if i'm away for a couple of days
You wouldn't be allowed in any of the halls. If you could find a shared house where the landlord and none of your housemates mind I suppose you could though. Might be easier in the second year though once you've made some friends, I would say that'd be easier!
Bubbles4_uk
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by PhYCho ThInKeR)
for my school reference you have to be interviewed by two seperate teachers at seperate times. its a pain booking time slots and you have to pick atleast one head. they don't put anything bad in it. they only comment on the good, but your not allowed to read it, if u ask u get a huge lecture on trust.
it must have been good as i got interviews.

god that really takes the piss! ....the lecture on trust
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (24)
38.1%
The paper was reasonable (21)
33.33%
Not feeling great about that exam... (12)
19.05%
It was TERRIBLE (6)
9.52%

Watched Threads