The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ben Curnow
is the synoptic that hard.....we've done some past papers and they dont seem too bad....maybe im being naive!

our teacher just told us that get as good a grade you can before the synoptic as it can be tricky.
im worried about the chemistry synoptic so its probly rubbed on to biology.lol
i do AQA... EVILLLLL synoptic
I did the synoptic for OCR chemistry in january without taking the other two A2 modules and its fine! got a C (i know it needs improving but seeing as i didnt revise for it!) it doesnt feel like a synoptic cos it has its own syllabus really!
i do aqa to and yh i agree synoptic is evil..... very evil lol :smile:
Rachhyyyy
i do AQA... EVILLLLL synoptic

totally Agreeeee for AQA chemistry!!!!
is it an essayy aswell?
we have one normal exam with all this new evil module 6 stuffff which is bad enough on its own and then they chuck in a load of Q from the last 2 years.
then unit 8 is LONNNG synoptic questions usually with graphs and tables of data and stuff.

and then a 25mark ESSSAY
that word makes me cringe.
we do OCR chemistry because our teachers hated the synoptic bit of OCR
Rachhyyyy
is it an essayy aswell?
we have one normal exam with all this new evil module 6 stuffff which is bad enough on its own and then they chuck in a load of Q from the last 2 years.
then unit 8 is LONNNG synoptic questions usually with graphs and tables of data and stuff.

and then a 25mark ESSSAY
that word makes me cringe.

its multiple choice but they take alot of time to work out.
maybe im just terrible at chemistry:yep:
Annaconda
what exam board do you do?
core 4 was much better than core 3 for me, much nicer

im on OCR
i hope core 4 is a nicer paper for me too ! lol got the exam on fridayyyy

im on AQA chem too guys, and synoptic is awful but im not too good at chem 5 either :| reckon i can get a good grade on chem 4 tho so hoping thatl help !
for biology im on OCR, and i dont envy those of you on AQA ive heard you have to do a mahoosive essay question thing !!!!:eek:
C3 maths was easy!!! :p: being cocky I know, but no radients in it at all :O an easy Q for 6 marks, the easiest out of all past papers.
For WJEC C3 is much easier than C4, because it's like 1/4 of what C4 is.

But biology was hard, doubt it that I managed to raise my mark from last year :frown: aaa well
The SNAB bio synoptic is horrible, its 1/3rd essay (which has the most ridiculous mark scheme for an essay I've ever seen and so is pretty much an exercise in hoop jumping) 1/3rd data interpretation which I quite like, and 1/3rd article in which you have to either summarise an article or answer questions on it.

My chemistry synoptic on the other hand is much easier, it's just like its own module, however i suppose you could say all the concepts are built up from ones throughout the course.
OllyH
The SNAB bio synoptic is horrible, its 1/3rd essay (which has the most ridiculous mark scheme for an essay I've ever seen and so is pretty much an exercise in hoop jumping) 1/3rd data interpretation which I quite like, and 1/3rd article in which you have to either summarise an article or answer questions on it.

My chemistry synoptic on the other hand is much easier, it's just like its own module, however i suppose you could say all the concepts are built up from ones throughout the course.

most of the marks in the essay just come from mentioning things. i swear you could do a bullet point list and still get over half marks. i really need to practice for this, we did no data interpretation in lessons and i havent read the article in weeks, and i havent done any practice essays, ive sort of just been pushing it to the back of my mind along with my maths exams
Annaconda
most of the marks in the essay just come from mentioning things. i swear you could do a bullet point list and still get over half marks. i really need to practice for this, we did no data interpretation in lessons and i havent read the article in weeks, and i havent done any practice essays, ive sort of just been pushing it to the back of my mind along with my maths exams

We've done a fair bit of practise for it in class, but I'm not going to do any synoptic practise in my own time (apart from read the article through once or twice more) since I don't think it would be much use. I'd much rather concentrate on unit 5 and hope I make up most of the marks I need there.
Reply 7993
I just came back from a rather disturbing night out. So glad to be back in the safety of my room. Sheesh. What kind of bar gives you a Carlsberg in a Guinness glass? Pfft!

Hehe, I don't envy you all doing exams. I miss doing research for essays and assignments and shizzle, but hella no to exams :tongue: That horrible feeling that your entire future rests in them... Meh, I don't think I'm making you feel better.

Think of it as a battle. You against a piece of paper. You must OWN it.
Reply 7994
Sounds like exams haven't been too disasterous yet! Keep going, guys!

That's the one thing I'm enjoying about the gap year; a break from exams! Currently I'm working during the days, out on the Common/Beach enjoying the evening sunshine, then drinking into the nights. Along with learning to drive, visiting London and all those other sorts of things.

Loving how chilled my life is at the moment! Enjoying it while I can, 'cause as soon as September comes around the reality of having to work again will set in - and we won't get any rest for the next five years :wink:

Totally gutted. Two posts away from the eight-thousandth post. I totally want to claim it. But refuse to lower myself to the point of posting extra crap just to get it :tongue:
Dissey
I just came back from a rather disturbing night out. So glad to be back in the safety of my room. Sheesh. What kind of bar gives you a Carlsberg in a Guinness glass? Pfft!

Hehe, I don't envy you all doing exams. I miss doing research for essays and assignments and shizzle, but hella no to exams :tongue: That horrible feeling that your entire future rests in them... Meh, I don't think I'm making you feel better.

Think of it as a battle. You against a piece of paper. You must OWN it.

wow that does sound disturbing.
emilyyy
Sounds like exams haven't been too disasterous yet! Keep going, guys!

That's the one thing I'm enjoying about the gap year; a break from exams! Currently I'm working during the days, out on the Common/Beach enjoying the evening sunshine, then drinking into the nights. Along with learning to drive, visiting London and all those other sorts of things.

Loving how chilled my life is at the moment! Enjoying it while I can, 'cause as soon as September comes around the reality of having to work again will set in - and we won't get any rest for the next five years :wink:

Totally gutted. Two posts away from the eight-thousandth post. I totally want to claim it. But refuse to lower myself to the point of posting extra crap just to get it :tongue:

yeah i cant wait to have an exam free year (fingers crossed) and getting to laugh at all the people stressing out

8000!
Reply 7997
Wow, there were so many new posts to read through. The exam frenzy is upon us!
Although my last one is tomorrow. Some people I know have been finished for about 2 weeks, lucky dogs.
We're almost halfway towards getting the thread locked again haha (well, 100 pages but they'll get filled up in no time).

In other news, something stole one of our big fish from our outdoor pond. I'm gutted, I had had that fish for about 5-6 years and we suspect a cat or something has taken her. Sorry if that sounds a bit mad, but it is sudden and sad.
Reply 7998
Sorry to hear about your fish LDvet;/ Must be really frustrating to have them get to that size just to be taken!

Mehhh am trying to fill the online accom application.

' Please tell us about your interests and lifestyle. This information will NOT be used for selecting your residence but will be used for room allocation purposes..

Maximum 1000 characters, you must enter something. '

I'm seriously stuck :tongue: It's... meh.
say you like to dance or something and see if they give you a bigger room

Latest

Trending

Trending