Sach1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hey everyone! I'm in my last year of A levels and me and the rest of my class are really stuck on the last section of the implications paper this year. If anyone has any notes orhelp they could give me it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
hanster
Report 11 years ago
Our class has only just started it...which one are you doing?...the one with schneewind,jamieson and la follette?
Sach1
Rep:
?
mines with Ayer, Westphal and donovan...
destined
Report 11 years ago
Hey we've only just started doing implications too. I'm really confused with all of their waffeling and i keep getting lost in the text, its just no fun, and the next 10 weeks are gonna be the same i guess
xx
Sach1
Rep:
?
yeah i know it's so annoying!

also, it seems that no one really wants to talk about this subject lol! are you doing the same course as me then?
xx
purple_peach
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
im doing Donovan, Ayer and Westphal too.

just started on the implications paper and really confused. im currently trying to do an essay on Ayer.
Voldemort
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Mines on New Testament which by the sounds of it seems to be alot easier than the stuff you guys are doing for Ethics!

What UMS and grade did you get at AS and what are yous hoping to get out of this paper?

The good thing about implications is the text will be there to hopefully make things click in your brain and help you get started
mxat22
Report 11 years ago
Im doing Westphal, Ayer & Donovan too!
Its so difficult!
does anyone have a generic essay plan for each of them, i mean the generic topics that are linked!
that would help!
x
I'monlydoingthistoget2uni
Report 10 years ago
Hello A-level R.E A2 edexel 2009 bods

Implications unit 4 is horrific

TSR has loads of information about Donovan and Ayre...but nuttin that i can see about Westphal

Lets face it 2009 will be a toss up between Donovan and Westphal ...so has anyone out there got the foggiest idea what Donovan is going on about?

Thanks
spyder
Report 10 years ago
my class are studying the ethics passages, jamieson la follete and Schneewind, my teacher is convincd that schneewind is definetely not going to come up??? anybody have an idea of what may come up???
EmmaJo
Report 10 years ago
I understand the gist of Donovan but am finding it really difficult to find some links with scholars and topics from the rest of the course...anyone got any ideas?
leeham!
Report 10 years ago
Finally! Some other people who are taking the Implications exam about Ayer, Westphal and Donovan!
This exam realy worries me as I have no idea really about how to tackle it. As the only Philosophy student its also difficult to get any discussion about it too!
Is the point of the exam to relate it to other topics studied on the course and should we be coming to some sort of conclusion at the end??
Any possible help would be really appreciated, Im happy to help anyone else on the first paper too.
mediumhoot
Report 10 years ago
Yeah try and link everything back to other things we have learnt in unit 3. Like erm...in Donovan it talks about intuition as knowledge of god. Intuition is a non cognitive form of knowledge. So you could right a paragraph on symbolism or myth and how they support the idea. I think that would go in the second part though as evaluation. mehhh its hard
22hawkinse
Report 10 years ago
implications =/ im doing the hinduism paper and ive only started learning about the religion this year its so hard to understand the stupid text and i never know how to answer it at all!
victoria_wells
Report 10 years ago
I'm thinking with all the material that has been distributed by the exam board etc that Westphal is really likely
Rebs2
Report 10 years ago
ITS HIGHLY LIKELY THAT IT WILL BE WESTPHAL THIS YEAR. THE EXAM BOARD HAVE RELEASED ADDITIONAL GUIDANCE FOR STUDENTS AND TEACHERS FOR WESTPHAL ONLY.
laura_masters
Report 10 years ago
can you tell me where i could find the additional guidance please? im struggling so much with this!
Rebs2
Report 10 years ago
i got mine through the school however we were told all schools got it and in addition the RSREVIEW they should have them in your school or local library
EmmaJo
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rebs2)
i got mine through the school however we were told all schools got it and in addition the RSREVIEW they should have them in your school or local library
What is this additional guidance?? Thanks!
M_G
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If Westphal comes up, my whole paper is going to be full of giberish.....I havent got time to learn about his essay, i can barely come to terms with the other two!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (208)
33.44%
No (414)
66.56%

Watched Threads