The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Visiting Days!

Hi Guys,

I know that around this time Aberystwyth has visiting days for most departments.

I am due to visit Aberystwyth on the 18th of February for my course visiting day (Internet Computing H620)

I was wondering if anyone else is planning or has already gone to their visit day and would like to post on their experiences and what did you think of the university?

Cheers all :cool:

Scroll to see replies

Not been yet, planning to go on the 21st Feb for Computer Science

Bit of a pain though coz ive gotta come all the way from the south east coast of England :nothing:

Should be good though, can you give us an idea of what its like after youve been, coz its the same department, also did you do the scholarship exams, and if so what did you think of the exam. :cheers:

Cheers
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Reply 2
Madmaxno1

Bit of a pain though coz ive gotta come all the way from the south east coast of England :nothing:

Should be good though, can you give us an idea of what its like after youve been, coz its the same department, also did you do the scholarship exams, and if so what did you think of the exam. :cheers:

Cheers

Yeah no problem mate i will send you a PM or post back in this thread.
Reply 3
Come on!

Anyone else don't be shy :wink:
Reply 4
I went to the general open day last year in the summer. I thought it was very good, my favourite one out of all the unis I had visited. I too am going to do Computer Sciences.
Reply 5
A Magician
I went to the general open day last year in the summer. I thought it was very good, my favourite one out of all the unis I had visited. I too am going to do Computer Sciences.

That's cool Magician...are you going to visiting day too?
Reply 6
Madmaxno1

Same!
Reply 7
Lol amazing the amount of Comp Sci students on these forums.
Reply 8
Im going on the 11th for History, and I will be sneeking into Drama as well (joint honours person here).
I loved Aber on the Open Day and im looking forward to seeing a bit more of the town and the accomadation which I missed on the Open Day.
Just hope its not to cold or rainy :smile:
Reply 9
im going to be there on the 18th for computer science :smile:
Reply 10
FayteJWJ
That's cool Magician...are you going to visiting day too?

Yeah, I think I'm going to the one in March.
Reply 11
Hopefully going sometime in March for law.
Reply 12
Mhairi-Ann
Im going on the 11th for History, and I will be sneeking into Drama as well (joint honours person here).
I loved Aber on the Open Day and im looking forward to seeing a bit more of the town and the accomadation which I missed on the Open Day.
Just hope its not to cold or rainy :smile:

Aberystwyth has a nice town. Not much there in the way of shops but all in all its everything a student could want.

Hope the weather stays dry for you. :wink:
Reply 13
Apparently Aber is a quite a bit dryer than other places in Wales due to its position on the coast!
Reply 14
FayteJWJ
Aberystwyth has a nice town. Not much there in the way of shops but all in all its everything a student could want.

Hope the weather stays dry for you. :wink:

Thanks. I hope so too :smile:
Reply 15
A Magician
Apparently Aber is a quite a bit dryer than other places in Wales due to its position on the coast!

What difference would that make i wonder? lol
Reply 16
I shall be venturing up to Aber. on Sat. 21st Feb. (less than two weeks now! :eek: ) for Inter. Pol..

Am staying overnight as well to get a feel for the place. :eek3:
Reply 17
Do you really need to go to a visit day?
Ive been too the open day last October, and from what it looks like to me its basically very similar.
Reply 18
Pstuart
I shall be venturing up to Aber. on Sat. 21st Feb. (less than two weeks now! :eek: ) for Inter. Pol..

Am staying overnight as well to get a feel for the place. :eek3:

Where are you staying?

If you can book a room down the seafront. Awesome view when you wake up :smile:
Reply 19
FayteJWJ
Where are you staying?

If you can book a room down the seafront. Awesome view when you wake up :smile:

I've already a room booked at the Savannah Guest House on Queen's Road. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Does anyone know if they send anything in advance of a visiting day? Perhaps a schedule? I've sent off a booking thing.

Quick Reply

Latest