The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

I'm in my final year.

For the previous two years - I've entered my details online and for my parents it's asked whether or not they want to fill it online or have paper forms sent to my house. I've always chosen the latter.

This year there doesn't appear for there to be that option. Has it become online only for parents details? If not, can someone tell me where I go to have the option for them to send out the forms? (I know there's probably somewhere online where I can print it out, but the ones they send already have my details pre-printed on them and makes the process quicker as they are expecting the forms).
Reply 5601
Where exactly can I find my Entitlement Letter? :confused: I've looked in the 'view correspondence' section of my student finance account and it isn't there. Urgently need it because a bursary I wish to apply for needs it and has a deadline of the 1st of August. Help anyone?!
does anyone know where I can get hold of a paper application for my parents to support my application?
Reply 5603
Original post by The Stig
I'm in my final year.

For the previous two years - I've entered my details online and for my parents it's asked whether or not they want to fill it online or have paper forms sent to my house. I've always chosen the latter.

This year there doesn't appear for there to be that option. Has it become online only for parents details? If not, can someone tell me where I go to have the option for them to send out the forms? (I know there's probably somewhere online where I can print it out, but the ones they send already have my details pre-printed on them and makes the process quicker as they are expecting the forms).

Hey! Same situation here, I usually enter my details online and send off a paper copy for my dad. This year, I could only find this:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_196602.pdf

I'm going to call them up tomorrow anyway, because their website says, 'Please note, you’ll still need to submit your financial assessment details online.' and when I log into SFE, it always comes up with an error. Ughh.
Reply 5604
SFL lost my mother's actual P60, luckily I have a printed copy, should I send that to them?
Original post by Zuzuzu
Where exactly can I find my Entitlement Letter? :confused: I've looked in the 'view correspondence' section of my student finance account and it isn't there. Urgently need it because a bursary I wish to apply for needs it and has a deadline of the 1st of August. Help anyone?!

Has your funding been finalised? If so, it should be under View Corres. You just have to plough through all the numbers to find the right page.
Original post by The Stig
I'm in my final year.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_194354.pdf
is the link for the blank ones. To get preprinted you'll have to phone them up
Original post by mathslover786
does anyone know where I can get hold of a paper application for my parents to support my application?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_194354.pdf
Original post by Fi0na.
Hey! Same situation here, I usually enter my details online and send off a paper copy for my dad. This year, I could only find this:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_196602.pdf

I'm going to call them up tomorrow anyway, because their website says, 'Please note, you’ll still need to submit your financial assessment details online.' and when I log into SFE, it always comes up with an error. Ughh.

Try this link
Reply 5609
Original post by T-Toe
SFL lost my mother's actual P60, luckily I have a printed copy, should I send that to them?

They're such idiots, total disregard for the sensitive documents they have posted to them.
Reply 5610
I've lost the Notification of Entitlement letter; do the Universities require it?
Me again :smile:

I got an email saying I need to send in evidence, and saw on my account that they had sent my birth certificate back.

However, everyone I have spoken to who needed to redo theirs and send it in again, said they got the declaration form back as well. I just got my birth certificate with a note saying 'with compliments.' Everyone I have spoken to who got that, said that the email saying they need to give more evidence was a mistake.

I am planning on calling them to make sure, but does anyone know if the fact I just got my BC saying 'with compliments' means the email was a mistake, or am I expected to redo the declaration forms?
Original post by vexed123
I've lost the Notification of Entitlement letter; do the Universities require it?

Most do as they scan the barcode from it, you can print another copy off the website if you login and go to View Correspondance.
Reply 5613

Original post by Zynx
They're such idiots, total disregard for the sensitive documents they have posted to them.

Well they do request that they're sent clear photocopies of financial evidence rather than the originals so it's probably been shredded.
Original post by vexed123

Some require it at enrolment. You can always print off another copy from your SLC online account under "View Correspondence".
student finance havent even done mine yet and they have already done peoples finance who did there application after mine : / i am slightly worried, has this happened to other people?
Original post by Muffled Snuffles
Is it a big problem if I sent income proof via First Class mail a few days after the online application and I get a letter with details about non-income assessed support? And it is asking me to provide proof of income?

Also, if the non-income letter only mentions the loan and doesn't mention the bursary at all? (which I applied for).

Your university will assess your eligibility for the bursary and will write to you in due course. Normally (subject to the uni terms and conditions) you would need to be in receipt of Maint Grant.

As for the proof of income, difficult to tell without knowing the time scales. Phone them up to establish the current situation.
Original post by justincredible1
student finance havent even done mine yet and they have already done peoples finance who did there application after mine : / i am slightly worried, has this happened to other people?

Some applications are more complex than others. If you're worried, phone them/check your online account.
Original post by glf2110
Your university will assess your eligibility for the bursary and will write to you in due course. Normally (subject to the uni terms and conditions) you would need to be in receipt of Maint Grant.

As for the proof of income, difficult to tell without knowing the time scales. Phone them up to establish the current situation.

Normally (subject to the uni terms and conditions) you would need to be in receipt of maximum Maint Grant.
Original post by hypocriticaljap
Normally (subject to the uni terms and conditions) you would need to be in receipt of maximum Maint Grant.

Depends on the uni, lots of unis do partial bursaries depending on income. Brunel, Kent etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending