The Student Room Group

Student Finance Applications - Q & A

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yes you can if you go income assessed. Someone else has had that problem....
There is a minor technical error preventing you from logging on to the system. This usually occurs when you have saved either of the two login pages to your bookmarks or favourites menu. To avoid this error, please wait until after you have logged in before adding the page to your bookmarks or favourites menu.

But i haven't done that!Whats happening :frown:
Ok. Well it showed me the amount of maintenance loan and tutition loan I was entitled to, and gave me the option to either "Apply for this finance" or "Apply for different finance depending on my parents income". I checked the second and added contact details for my parents, so do you think it'll just update to show I get a maintenance grant when they fill in their bits?
Reply 43
EagleHawk
Wouldn't it make sense for them to test the application process before putting it live? I mean you wouldn't publish an unfinished book. What's the difference with a website? :rolleyes:

It would, but this is the SLC. They still haven't got the 08/09 system correct, so much so I have to do manual assessments quite often which I shouldn't. Also waiting for them to fix a problem from 2 months ago when I tried to withdraw a student's support and it blocked.

A colleague of mine who left actually sent around a PowerPoint presentation of all the error messages over the years. I'd upload it, but it contains student's names and stuff, so couldn't really.

Oh, and Orthala, he was giving incorrect information, and won't allow me to correct him. I'll be nice about it to an extent, but I'd rather eligibility stuff was done correctly.
Reply 44
Joanna May
Ok. Well it showed me the amount of maintenance loan and tutition loan I was entitled to, and gave me the option to either "Apply for this finance" or "Apply for different finance depending on my parents income". I checked the second and added contact details for my parents, so do you think it'll just update to show I get a maintenance grant when they fill in their bits?

Nice one, least we now know how to apply for income assessed.
Yeah, it's a little tick box thing. Can't remember the exact words, but the second option was definitely to apply for income assessed :smile:

It's asking for my bank details now, but obviously I don't have a student account yet. I presume this can be changed at a later date, when I do have the right account.
Reply 46
Your loan doesn't have to go into a student account with most banks. (HSBC don't, LLoyds don't, Halifax you do I think)
Oh, I know that. But I intend to get a student account for the interest free overdraft and other benefits. I'll have wages going into my current account and my loan in a separate student one, so I can use the loan for necessities (rent, food, books) and the wages for going out, without getting myself muddled :smile:
Orthala
Your loan doesn't have to go into a student account with most banks. (HSBC don't, LLoyds don't, Halifax you do I think)

But what if you change to a student account in the summer? Will it be a different account number? I'm really confused about that :s-smilie:
Reply 49
Oh right yeh you can change the bank details anyway at anytime.
Reply 50
reddevilleanne
But what if you change to a student account in the summer? Will it be a different account number? I'm really confused about that :s-smilie:

No, usually they just upgrade the name of the account - Acc No. Sort Code etc. all stay the same. You just get extras.
Does anyone know what could be wrong? :frown: I've deleted my history and all my bookmarks and cache and everything .
Orthala
No, usually they just upgrade the name of the account - Acc No. Sort Code etc. all stay the same. You just get extras.

Oh ok, so I won't have to change any details on the student finance forms once I switch in the summer then?
Joanna May

Hrmm where is this? I don't see it :frown:
DiamondsAreForever, just enter your details manually. It asks you if you want to enter your details via UCAS, so justsay no and it lets you pick your uni and course off a big list
Reply 55
reddevilleanne
Oh ok, so I won't have to change any details on the student finance forms once I switch in the summer then?

Not if you just upgrade your current current account to a student account.
Reply 56
So, should I apply now or wait??? Thread is really confusing lol
GrahamFromJeremyKyle
Hrmm where is this? I don't see it :frown:

Can't remember exactly. But just keep going until you reach that page. It's on of the last few steps really.
Reply 58
JayB23
So, should I apply now or wait??? Thread is really confusing lol

I would wait until Monday or Tuesday if you are a continuing student, otherwise now would be ok, others seem to be going ok.

My old details are kind of in and out on the site at the moment.
Reply 59
Noones answered the question thats been posted a few times...

Can you only apply for student finance after you've chosen your firm and insurance????????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending