This discussion is closed.
username1170
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Im doing some physics coursework right now and I need some help - does anybody have suggestions on how to accurately measure the bounce of a ball?
gemgems89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Shaft)
Im doing some physics coursework right now and I need some help - does anybody have suggestions on how to accurately measure the bounce of a ball?
All i can think of is holding a ruler up verticle and seeing how far up the ruler the ball bounces ?????
nabzp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Wat do u want? It's velocity when it hits the ground? It's highest point? It's acceleration?

There's always VUSAT equations. U cud use:

v squared = usquared + 2as

I'm guessing the accel wud b due to gravity n as gemma said, u cud mesure the height...depending on which way u count as positive, either u or v wud b zero so u cud find the other.
username1170
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Thanks for your replies, I need to measure the bounce at its highest point, but it just happens too fast for me to get a decent reading...
Unregister
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
:O im doin that CW! our skools given us theres digital cameras to measure it but just usin that doesnt get us more marks or sumthin hehe the cameras r great we made this film of our science teach and put a UFO on iit its so funi and now hes paranoid that we r filmin him lol
nabzp
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Shaft)
Thanks for your replies, I need to measure the bounce at its highest point, but it just happens too fast for me to get a decent reading...
well then work the other way....accel = gravity,
@ highest point, v = 0
but unsure about u - u need 2 find a way 2 sort that one out
then use vusat!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (572)
49.91%
No (574)
50.09%

Watched Threads