The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'd like that too but not sure if I'm ready yet :s-smilie:
Can you get a 'round the world ticket' and just use that when you want to go to another country?
Also, is there any snow in Lyme Regis? I'm in Weymouth and it's still here.
yess there's still snow!
i'm hoping there's gonna be more tomorrow so i can miss 6th form, i have a deadline for tuesday and need more time
:s-smilie:
oh cool, are you at weymouth college or...?
well if you find out anything please tell me ^^
Reply 3
Head to Asia its really the best value for money
Reply 4
^ i was gonna say the same thing. Head to places where your money will stretch further, it's what I'm doing! Maybe you could try and find work in Europe and then go interrailing? Then you wouldn't have to worry about the exchange rate
Reply 5
You won't earn much abroad, so thats rather pointless now a days. Its far better to work a little longer in the UK and put off your trip a month or two. There is no way to get a free trip, but there are a few ways to minimise costs:

1. Already mentioned: go to countries in the poorer parts of Asia, not Japan/Korea, but maybe Cambodia for example.
2. Volunteer with agencies, and you will often get free board (organise it locally and it won't cost you a penny either)
3. Fly with budget airlines (no frills)
4. Finally the most important: "Do as the locals do". This means, using local tourist agencies not large western companies. It means eating at local restaurants serving local food, not tourist food or places like Mc Donalds/Starbucks.

Latest