gym changing rooms in london Watch

londonstudent857484
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I've started going to the gym recently and I want to be able to go to the gym and shower afterwards and be clean without having to go home before going out again but I'm a bit uncomfortable in the changing rooms. I don't mind people seeing me naked but quite often I get a hard on whilst showereing and it's a bit embarrassing. I always get them in the shower at home too but it's obv more embarrassing at the gym and I don't know what to do.

I want to find out what gyms in central london have open showers/changing rooms and which ones have a bit more privacy. What's the set up in your gym? I was thinking of going to ULU, what's that like? Or is it ok to get hard in the showers - I'm a young guy and I guess I'm not the only one that's had this problem but I'm a bit new to locker room etiquette...always used to just avoid the showers at school.

Advice appreciated!
AlphabetABC
Report 11 years ago
ULU has cubicals, UCL gym hasn;t
blahbloo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, ULU has cubicals with doors.
Rich2cool4u
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Its certainly not okay to get a big hard on in showers full of men. Its really not okay.
10Trix
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Don't worry about getting hard in the shower mate, We appreciate having somewhere to hang our towels if all the hooks are busy. Oh and you will make big bob's day.
Bebbs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
:lolwut:

you get hard in a shower full of other men?
dbmag9
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Bebbs)
:lolwut:

you get hard in a shower full of other men?
No, he gets hard whilst naked and soaping himself; it's not exactly rare.

Honestly, no-one will really care, and your awkwardness will probably calm things down down there anyway. Just face the wall and get your shower done quickly; it's not worth getting worried about.
londonstudent857484
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
thanks everyone,

Bebbs, if you're implying that I might be gay then you would be spot on. But that's not why I go to the gym and honestly I think dbmag's suggestion is more to the point as it happens whether or not there's anyone else there. I'm not at all concerned that other gym-goers will think I'm gay - I would happily tell them that. There's nothing wrong with being gay and equally nothing wrong with being gay and using a gym. I'm more concerned about not making other gym-goers feel uncomfortable. Which is why I asked where there were more private facilities.
Caribtino
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Gettin a semi or hard on is normal mate, just be free and shower regardless
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (20)
28.57%
No (38)
54.29%
Don't know (12)
17.14%

Watched Threads