Chemistry a level - enthalpy stuff

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Karen_je
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I've just finished doing an experiment on Enthalpy change of combustion of propan-1-ol and some other alcohols, and i have worked out the enthalpy change of combustion for propan-1-ol but i don't know how to calculate the Quantity of energy,Q, released by propan-1-ol when it burned. I'll be grateful of any help.

Karen
nikk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Karen_je)
I've just finished doing an experiment on Enthalpy change of combustion of propan-1-ol and some other alcohols, and i have worked out the enthalpy change of combustion for propan-1-ol but i don't know how to calculate the Quantity of energy,Q, released by propan-1-ol when it burned. I'll be grateful of any help.

Karen
:shudders:
Tina
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh u poor tings! i remember doing this last yr...then getting paranoid that id messed up ...but i got an A for my cw so it cant have bin too bad! good luck people!
Karen_je
Ahh well I am unfortunately at that paranoid place right now!! But if I don't finish this chem stuff then i'm going to have to finish my maths homework and that's even worse!!!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Karen_je)

Karen
Q = mass of water x specific heat capacity of water x temperature change
Karen_je
(Original post by Unregistered)
Q = mass of water x specific heat capacity of water x temperature change
THANKS!!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (35)
14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (54)
21.6%
Live streaming events (24)
9.6%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (24)
9.6%
A uni comparison tool (59)
23.6%
An in-person event when available (54)
21.6%