Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do any one of u lot know where i can get a IQ test from on the net? plus whats your IQ??DarkOrange

ReputationRep:
    I liked http://iqtest.com/ because it gave me an IQ of 146.

I've taken others though, with varying results (lowest 120, highest 146)... I don't think you can really trust online ones for accuracy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alec)
    I liked http://iqtest.com/ because it gave me an IQ of 145.

I've taken others though, with varying results (lowest 120, highest 145)... I don't think you can really trust online ones for accuracy.
    Mine is Congratulations, Kisahn!
    Your IQ score is 115

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Emode's Ultimate IQ test. Your IQ score is scientifically accurate; to read more about the science behind our IQ test, click here.

During the test, you answered four different types of questions — mathematical, visual-spatial, linguistic and logical. We were able to analyze how you did on each set of those questions, which reveals the way your brain processes information.

We also compared your answers with others who have taken the test, and according to the sorts of questions you got correct, we can tell your Intellectual Type is a Precision Processor.

This means you're exceptionally good at discovering quick solutions to problems, especially ones that involve math or logic. You're also resourceful and able to think on your feet. And that's just some of what we know about you from your test results.

Find out more about your unique intellectual strengths in your personalized 15-page IQ report. It's ready right now!

ReputationRep:
    IQ test on the net a highly inaccurate, specially if your first language is not english or even if the IQ test was designed for an american audience.

i can speak 4 languages which should make me a clever person by someones opinion cos i can speak them, but i did very bad in an IQ test when it started asking me some language related questions, the mathematical side was fine, so the in reality the IQ test told me a was bad with my language skills.

plus the IQ test dosent measure how powerfull is your gray matter, most of the questions are common knowledge to some extent. the real IQ tests are performed for selection in military jobs like fighter pilots or other demmanding mental taks, these test will trully measure the limit of your capability.

ReputationRep:
    Rememeber that IQ tests measure your intellutual abililty, not your work ethics. Your fantastic language skills could be down to fantastic work ethics, not your raw intelliect

For example my brother is part of mensa and has an IQ of 150, but in his A Levels he got BBCC (Maths, Sport Studies, Physics, General Studies)- Because he has poor work ethics and in lazy! Really he has alot more potential...

ReputationRep:
    hehe I did that IQ test too and got 145. I normally get about 130 so I think that it is probably a little inaccurate. Nice to know I'm a genius though!!

(Original post by FudgeMonkey)
    For example my brother is part of mensa and has an IQ of 150, but in his A Levels he got BBCC (Maths, Sport Studies, Physics, General Studies)- Because he has poor work ethics and in lazy! Really he has alot more potential...

yeah i know what u mean bro, i have an IQ of 62. but i work hard and got aaab in my AS levels (bio, maths, computing, chem).

ReputationRep:
    Rememeber that IQ tests measure your intellutual abililty, not your work ethics. Your fantastic language skills could be down to fantastic work ethics, not your raw intelliect

i quite agree, with some points. well put it this way i did not learn any of the foreign languages by going to class to specifically learn them, i basically listened to the foreign languages and learned them by interacting. my GCSE grades where mostly D's and E's

when albert einstein was young he looked to be dumb and incapable of achieving something, he failed to get to college and university fisrt time round but look what he became!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Under)
    yeah i know what u mean bro, i have an IQ of 62. but i work hard and got aaab in my AS levels (bio, maths, computing, chem).
    i doubt you have an IQ that low...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    i doubt you have an IQ that low...
    Yeah, im sure its extremley rare to find people with an IQ below 70

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saintsin)
    i can speak 4 languages which should make me a clever person by someones opinion .
    i quite agree, with some points. well put it this way i did not learn any of the foreign languages by going to class to specifically learn them, i basically listened to the foreign languages and learned them by interacting. my GCSE grades where mostly D's and E's
    You can speak four languages at D and E grade level? I wuldnt describe that as clever, no offence m8...im on for a D in French, and i can only say Bonjour!

ReputationRep:
    You can speak four languages at D and E grade level? I wuldnt describe that as clever, no offence m8...im on for a D in French, and i can only say Bonjour!
    Saintsin did say that he learnt the languages of his own accord and not through conventional education. I suspect he/she can speak them at slightly higher levels than D and E grades.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    no offence taken, what i mean that my average grades at school for all the subjects where low, but that dosent make me stupid, just an underachiever or lazy, im going back to HE to persue my ambitions.

....im going back to HE to persue my ambitions.

good.

ReputationRep:
    well i just did that test at www.iqtest.com and i got 146 so apparantly I'm a genius!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kishan)
    plus whats your IQ??

[dad's 160+]

ReputationRep:
    no offence taken, what i mean that my average grades at school for all the subjects where low, but that dosent make me stupid, just an underachiever or lazy, im going back to HE to persue my ambitions.
    I see...well im glad to see your going back to HE, goo luck! And let us hear how u get on.

I got 133 but it's not very accurate since I am greek and my first language isn't english.

ReputationRep:
    I took that test and got 168, which ties in quite well with other tests I've taken.
    The thing is, different IQ tests have different scales. For example, this test probably had a standard deviation of 16 points (yes, I do further maths!), but the Mensa test has a s.d. of 24 points. So someone who got, say, 130 on this test could get a score of 145 on the Mensa test. (To balance this, Mensa sets a minimum score of 148 to join, which is 2 s.d. above the mean.) So if someone tells you they took the Mensa test and got an IQ of X, their IQ would be significantly lower if they took one of the other tests out there. If you meet someone like that, ask them their percentile rank.
    Just for the record, when I took the Mensa test about ten years ago, I got 178. Of the other tests I've done, this last one was nearest.
    And in my AS exams, I got three A's and a B (maths, further maths, physics, french).

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.