The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
NickiM
I could, last time I saw some advertised they were £50 though!

Woah, that's expensive. It's probably a rip off. :p: Your best bet is to buy it from the exam board (the sites I gave you).
Reply 61
I am looking on there now, I'll let you know what I find!
Reply 62
NickiM
I am looking on there now, I'll let you know what I find!

Ok. :smile:
Reply 63
Hmm found a specimen paper, but I need to find out how to get the CD!
Reply 64
NickiM
Hmm found a specimen paper, but I need to find out how to get the CD!

What exam board is it?
Reply 65
You have to loan the CD :-X. I am going to ask my friend who is at another school with an excellent Music department and I'll ask my teacher whether we are going to do any more listening tests.
Reply 66
NickiM
You have to loan the CD :-X. I am going to ask my friend who is at another school with an excellent Music department and I'll ask my teacher whether we are going to do any more listening tests.

Loan? :confused: I thought you buy them from exam boards. I think buying them from exam boards probably be expensive, but cheaper than 50 quid though. The tape makes it expensive along with the exam paper.

I think asking your friend and maybe your teacher for past papers along with the CD.
Reply 67
Yep, it definitely said loan in the catalogue. My friend lives 3 hours from me but she is going to send me all the material that she has used. We are way behind and 75+ performances have to be recorded (whole class), we haven't done any appraisel essays or anything, and most of the class haven't done much of a composition (we need 2)
Reply 68
NickiM
Yep, it definitely said loan in the catalogue. My friend lives 3 hours from me but she is going to send me all the material that she has used. We are way behind and 75+ performances have to be recorded (whole class), we haven't done any appraisel essays or anything, and most of the class haven't done much of a composition (we need 2)

Woah, you got lots to do. :confused:

Yeah, the best is to ask your friend to send the stuff to you. So I'm assuming the recorded performance is like an ensemble/band kind of thing then.
Reply 69
Well, each person in the class has to record 3 things for the performance part. Some people's compositions will be recorded to. You have to do one solo and one ensemble and then either another ensemble or solo.
Reply 70
NickiM
Well, each person in the class has to record 3 things for the performance part. Some people's compositions will be recorded to. You have to do one solo and one ensemble and then either another ensemble or solo.

Woah. I can't believe the coursework is a lot! In the end, it's worth is as you will be gaining a good grade.
Reply 71
You also have to write appraisels too, which my friend who has the excellent teacher says are essays and my teacher says 'just a few words'..hmmm.

Latest