The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Brum 2009 :)

heyyy! I have an offer for english in september, just wondering if anyone else has?
Is anyone off to the open day on 13th March? Also, does anyone know which accommodation they'd like to apply for, i dont really like the idea of not living in the city centre so does anyone know how far perry barr is from brum centre?

Id like to get to know people who are off to brum so just wana say hiiii too! lol

xxxx

Scroll to see replies

perry barr's quite close to the city centre, er, 15 minutes on the bus and LOADSSS of buses go there, but it's really not the nicest area or particularly close to BCU. most the area around BCU isn't very "studenty"(especially compared to Univeristy of Birmingham) and is a bit rough in places. try and go just south of the city centre(similar price, nicer area, close to the city centre and selly oak), as opposed to north.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
I don't go there or anything but I live there - Perry Barr is disgusting, live in Selly Oak or Edgbaston or somewhere like that,
Reply 3
Dont go to Perry Barr
Reply 4
im goin bcu to do english in 09! applying to oscott gardens or the coppice! x
Reply 5
Don't go perry barr, selly oak or edgbaston
Reply 6
hey, thanks for the replies! Im actually thinking of living in the city centre, i love city life! My course is at the campus in perry barr though. Is the perry barr area REALLY bad or just a tad run down etc. Im a bit nervous about visiting on the open day now incase i hate it lol

Another few questions if people dont mind :smile:
How bigs bassline in brum because its the main type of music i listen to
Also, whats shopping, eating out etc like?

Ive been to brum before but never for a whole day, just sort of passing through.

xxxx
Reply 7
lauren_lfc
My course is at the campus in perry barr though. Is the perry barr area REALLY bad or just a tad run down etc. Im a bit nervous about visiting on the open day now incase i hate it lol

same here, i'd like to know that. i've been really put off from what people have said now :eek:
Reply 8
guys, its not that bad in perry barr. its just like any other city, eg if your a girl dont go out in perry barr alone at night. thats all it is! common sense really. i dont think its that bad... x
Reply 9
John Cena
hey is anyone studying at Gosta Green?
Isnt Curzon Gateway a good place to stay in?
Anyone Please???

Hey, ive heard curzon gateways meant to be well cool to live in. My mates always staying over there and hes said its quite lively plus its brand new! Personally i think unite are a terrible company though but thats just my opinion.
Is it really that bad? :/
I went for an open day months ago and Perry Barr didn't seem that bad to me.
I was walking around at night with my mum and didn't get stabbed or anything lol. I didn't know what to choose between London and Birmingham, and was slightly swaying towards Birmingham, but people are putting me off from what they are saying!
Prettyinpunk1
Is it really that bad? :/
I went for an open day months ago and Perry Barr didn't seem that bad to me
I was walking around at night with my mum and didn't get stabbed or anything lol. I didn't know what to choose between London and Birmingham, and was slightly swaying towards Birmingham, but people are putting me off from what they are saying!

me either hun, i didnt think perry barr was too bad, if a little run down, but for anything important, ie, living in student halls, going out (which is mainly to broad street) or commuting to the city centre, i really dont think it is a bad place. looking at it, a lot of the things being said bad about perry barr arent even at bcu, so cant really comment. ive heard pretty good things tbh. and ill be at bcu all things gone well :smile: maybe see you there?
xx
baby_lovexo
me either hun, i didnt think perry barr was too bad, if a little run down, but for anything important, ie, living in student halls, going out (which is mainly to broad street) or commuting to the city centre, i really dont think it is a bad place. looking at it, a lot of the things being said bad about perry barr arent even at bcu, so cant really comment. ive heard pretty good things tbh. and ill be at bcu all things gone well :smile: maybe see you there?
xx

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that then :smile:
When I was in the city centre I didn't think it looked bad at all. Yeah, maybe see you there :smile:
Reply 13
I'll be at perry barr, city north campus if I go.. what are going to be studying? x
JBarnes
I'll be at perry barr, city north campus if I go.. what are going to be studying? x

english and psychology for me, what about others?x
Reply 15
Me media communications, what other offers do you have and where will you be coming from?
JBarnes
Me media communications, what other offers do you have and where will you be coming from?

i accepted birmingham as my firm :smile: ill be coming from a ****** little town called skegness, i hate it!
x
Reply 17
baby_lovexo
i accepted birmingham as my firm :smile: ill be coming from a ****** little town called skegness, i hate it!
x

Im coming from Southend in Essex...

Ok kool, whats your insurance?
I still can't decide between Birmingham Goldsmiths and Royal Holloway, so bloody confusing!
Doing Law LLB in Sep! Cant wait now. :smile:
Reply 19
hayyleyy
Im doing english with creative writing :smile:

That's the course I'm doing, so I'll see you there! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending