This discussion is closed.
Richard Magrath
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Ray Pang" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
[q1]> "Ray Pang" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > Just been watching Eastenders during my revision (break). Would you have used the exam paper, or[/q2]
[q2]> > would you have cheated like Sonia?[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Or rather, I mean would you have refrained from cheating, like Sonia did.[/q1]

I actually think that even if I did come into possession of a leaked answer paper, and decided to
use it, I would likely mess up the exam so badly that I would be worse off than if I'd taken it
honestly. I found that with the AS levels, where I'd done a lot of work in-lesson about how to
answer a certain kind of question, I came off worse on those than I did on the questions where I had
only learnt the technique that morning (English Language), had the most basic grounding in how to
tackle a question (OCR Physics section C) or had never really studied a similar question before
(English Lit, Dr Faustus).

I don't think I would even use a leaked paper anyway. In physics, besides all the Catholic guilt
(and I'm not even a Catholic) I'd feel like a loser really - all my hard work in revising up to that
point would have been turned meaningless, and far from thinking that the other lad in my class was a
mug, I'd start worrying about how he is a genuine student and I'm a fraud.

Rich
Stuart Williams
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]> Those who cheat think they are never found out. But do they not know that they have angels with[/q1]
[q1]> them that record all their actiosn good and bad. Then on the RESSURECTION - AL QIYAMA - THE[/q1]
[q1]> JUDGEMENT DAY. Everything they did, they will not be able to deny when they shall have to[/q1]
[q1]> answer to God.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

Thanks to Gravity, I don't normally see Omar's posts: the occasional ones that do appear through
quotation confirm the impression that he's mentally defective. Go and find another newsgroup, Omar.

Stuart Williams
Very Wise
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Stuart Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...[/q1]
[q3]> > >[/q3]
[q2]> > Those who cheat think they are never found out. But do they not know[/q2]
that
[q2]> > they have angels with them that record all their actiosn good and bad.[/q2]
Then
[q2]> > on the RESSURECTION - AL QIYAMA - THE JUDGEMENT DAY. Everything they[/q2]
did,
[q2]> > they will not be able to deny when they shall have to answer to God.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Thanks to Gravity, I don't normally see Omar's posts: the occasional ones that do appear[/q1]
[q1]> through quotation confirm the impression that he's mentally defective. Go and find another[/q1]
[q1]> newsgroup, Omar.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Stuart Williams[/q1]

You will know the truth some time soon.
Danny
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 20:45:45 +0100, "Very Wise" <[email protected]> wrote:

[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>"Stuart Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
[q1]>news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]>> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...[/q2]
[q2]>> > >[/q2]
[q2]>> > Those who cheat think they are never found out. But do they not know[/q2]
[q1]>that[/q1]
[q2]>> > they have angels with them that record all their actiosn good and bad.[/q2]
[q1]>Then[/q1]
[q2]>> > on the RESSURECTION - AL QIYAMA - THE JUDGEMENT DAY. Everything they[/q2]
[q1]>did,[/q1]
[q2]>> > they will not be able to deny when they shall have to answer to God.[/q2]
[q2]>> >[/q2]
[q2]>> >[/q2]
[q2]>>[/q2]
[q2]>> Thanks to Gravity, I don't normally see Omar's posts: the occasional ones that do appear[/q2]
[q2]>> through quotation confirm the impression that he's mentally defective. Go and find another[/q2]
[q2]>> newsgroup, Omar.[/q2]
[q2]>>[/q2]
[q2]>> Stuart Williams[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>You will know the truth some time soon.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

I wonder what it would be like having a Real Life conversation with Omar. An MSN Messenger one is
challenging enough.

Dan
Jhp
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I wonder what it would be like having a Real Life conversation with Omar. An MSN Messenger one is[/q1]
[q1]> challenging enough.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Dan[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
You'd need rubber gloves and a babel fish, I imagine. John
Ray Pang
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
"Very Wise" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Those who cheat think they are never found out. But do they not know that they have angels with[/q1]
[q1]> them that record all their actiosn good and bad.[/q1]
Then
[q1]> on the RESSURECTION - AL QIYAMA - THE JUDGEMENT DAY. Everything they did, they will not be able to[/q1]
[q1]> deny when they shall have to answer to God.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

Oh my. Precisely what will God ask me? And how will it know whether I'm lying? If he knows all, why
the hell do I have to answer to him?
Alex Warren
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Ray Pang wrote:

[q1]> "Very Wise" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > Those who cheat think they are never found out. But do they not know that they have angels with[/q2]
[q2]> > them that record all their actiosn good and bad.[/q2]
[q1]> Then[/q1]
[q2]> > on the RESSURECTION - AL QIYAMA - THE JUDGEMENT DAY. Everything they did, they will not be able[/q2]
[q2]> > to deny when they shall have to answer to God.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Oh my. Precisely what will God ask me? And how will it know whether I'm lying? If he knows all,[/q1]
[q1]> why the hell do I have to answer to him?[/q1]

Will there be a revision guide? "York Notes: Judgement Day". Past questions posed to those entering
the afterlife, plus tips from the Big No. 1 himself. Some people would buy it.

Alex
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (117)
55.19%
Yes, but I want to swap them (16)
7.55%
No, but I know who I want to choose (19)
8.96%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (50)
23.58%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (10)
4.72%

Watched Threads