Turn on thread page Beta

"Ray Pang" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    [q1]> "Ray Pang" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q1]
    [q2]> > Just been watching Eastenders during my revision (break). Would you have used the exam paper, or[/q2]
    [q2]> > would you have cheated like Sonia?[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Or rather, I mean would you have refrained from cheating, like Sonia did.[/q1]

I actually think that even if I did come into possession of a leaked answer paper, and decided to
    use it, I would likely mess up the exam so badly that I would be worse off than if I'd taken it
    honestly. I found that with the AS levels, where I'd done a lot of work in-lesson about how to
    answer a certain kind of question, I came off worse on those than I did on the questions where I had
    only learnt the technique that morning (English Language), had the most basic grounding in how to
    tackle a question (OCR Physics section C) or had never really studied a similar question before
    (English Lit, Dr Faustus).

I don't think I would even use a leaked paper anyway. In physics, besides all the Catholic guilt
    (and I'm not even a Catholic) I'd feel like a loser really - all my hard work in revising up to that
    point would have been turned meaningless, and far from thinking that the other lad in my class was a
    mug, I'd start worrying about how he is a genuine student and I'm a fraud.

Rich

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q1]> Those who cheat think they are never found out. But do they not know that they have angels with[/q1]
    [q1]> them that record all their actiosn good and bad. Then on the RESSURECTION - AL QIYAMA - THE[/q1]
    [q1]> JUDGEMENT DAY. Everything they did, they will not be able to deny when they shall have to[/q1]
    [q1]> answer to God.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

Thanks to Gravity, I don't normally see Omar's posts: the occasional ones that do appear through
    quotation confirm the impression that he's mentally defective. Go and find another newsgroup, Omar.

Stuart Williams

"Stuart Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...[/q1]
    [q3]> > >[/q3]
    [q2]> > Those who cheat think they are never found out. But do they not know[/q2]
    that
    [q2]> > they have angels with them that record all their actiosn good and bad.[/q2]
    Then
    [q2]> > on the RESSURECTION - AL QIYAMA - THE JUDGEMENT DAY. Everything they[/q2]
    did,
    [q2]> > they will not be able to deny when they shall have to answer to God.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Thanks to Gravity, I don't normally see Omar's posts: the occasional ones that do appear[/q1]
    [q1]> through quotation confirm the impression that he's mentally defective. Go and find another[/q1]
    [q1]> newsgroup, Omar.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Stuart Williams[/q1]

You will know the truth some time soon.

On Sat, 22 Jun 2002 20:45:45 +0100, "Very Wise" <[email protected]> wrote:

[q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>"Stuart Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message[/q1]
    [q1]>news:[email protected]...[/q1]
    [q2]>> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...[/q2]
    [q2]>> > >[/q2]
    [q2]>> > Those who cheat think they are never found out. But do they not know[/q2]
    [q1]>that[/q1]
    [q2]>> > they have angels with them that record all their actiosn good and bad.[/q2]
    [q1]>Then[/q1]
    [q2]>> > on the RESSURECTION - AL QIYAMA - THE JUDGEMENT DAY. Everything they[/q2]
    [q1]>did,[/q1]
    [q2]>> > they will not be able to deny when they shall have to answer to God.[/q2]
    [q2]>> >[/q2]
    [q2]>> >[/q2]
    [q2]>>[/q2]
    [q2]>> Thanks to Gravity, I don't normally see Omar's posts: the occasional ones that do appear[/q2]
    [q2]>> through quotation confirm the impression that he's mentally defective. Go and find another[/q2]
    [q2]>> newsgroup, Omar.[/q2]
    [q2]>>[/q2]
    [q2]>> Stuart Williams[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]>You will know the truth some time soon.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

I wonder what it would be like having a Real Life conversation with Omar. An MSN Messenger one is
    challenging enough.

Dan

[q2]> >[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> I wonder what it would be like having a Real Life conversation with Omar. An MSN Messenger one is[/q1]
    [q1]> challenging enough.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Dan[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    You'd need rubber gloves and a babel fish, I imagine. John

"Very Wise" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> Those who cheat think they are never found out. But do they not know that they have angels with[/q1]
    [q1]> them that record all their actiosn good and bad.[/q1]
    Then
    [q1]> on the RESSURECTION - AL QIYAMA - THE JUDGEMENT DAY. Everything they did, they will not be able to[/q1]
    [q1]> deny when they shall have to answer to God.[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]

Oh my. Precisely what will God ask me? And how will it know whether I'm lying? If he knows all, why
    the hell do I have to answer to him?

Ray Pang wrote:

[q1]> "Very Wise" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q1]
    [q2]> > Those who cheat think they are never found out. But do they not know that they have angels with[/q2]
    [q2]> > them that record all their actiosn good and bad.[/q2]
    [q1]> Then[/q1]
    [q2]> > on the RESSURECTION - AL QIYAMA - THE JUDGEMENT DAY. Everything they did, they will not be able[/q2]
    [q2]> > to deny when they shall have to answer to God.[/q2]
    [q2]> >[/q2]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    [q1]> Oh my. Precisely what will God ask me? And how will it know whether I'm lying? If he knows all,[/q1]
    [q1]> why the hell do I have to answer to him?[/q1]

Will there be a revision guide? "York Notes: Judgement Day". Past questions posed to those entering
    the afterlife, plus tips from the Big No. 1 himself. Some people would buy it.

Alex

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.