This discussion is closed.
La_la_la
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I recieved a postcard from Bristol this morning to say they had recieved my application however it said it is likely that I will not recieve any news till the spring!!! Is this a standard thing that all departments send out to suggest the latest u will hear is Spring or will I really have to wait that long? I'm just wondering/worrying as I'm on a gap year and will not be here in the spring!!
x-x-x
Sazzle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I had an offer from them in October last year - so its not a uni-wide policy - what subject was it for?
mjf
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by La_la_la)
I recieved a postcard from Bristol this morning to say they had recieved my application however it said it is likely that I will not recieve any news till the spring!!! Is this a standard thing that all departments send out to suggest the latest u will hear is Spring or will I really have to wait that long? I'm just wondering/worrying as I'm on a gap year and will not be here in the spring!!
x-x-x
What subject is this for? I applied for Vet Med and for Psychology/Zoology at Bristol and just have had a letter from the Biological sciences department saying that they are considering my application.
La_la_la
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I'm applying for history. I reckon it probably is different depending on departments and I know the history department gets loads of applicants. They don't even consider deferred entry (apparantly) whereas I know other departments do. I think I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope that the fact that I already have my A Levels will quicken the process... I really won't want to be hearing months into my gap year!! What if I can't access the internet!!?? Oh well I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

Sazzle - what subject was that for?

Does anyone know anyone who has previously applied for History at Bristol and when they heard?

Thanx

x-x-x
emom100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i think the arts department is fairly slow in making offers due to the quantity of apllications they get. I'm doing languages at bristol and bristol was definately my last offer to come. On the good side this probably means they consider everyones applications together instead of just making offers as application forms come in. Good luck with your application ,Bristols a great place to be
Sazzle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I applied for civil engineering.

I remember a friend of mine applying about three years ago for history - her offer didn't come till about April - you would have thought they would get their act together by now.
emom100
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
someone siad to me yesterday that they got about 8000 applications for history for about 100 places. I don't know if thats exactly correct but it explains why it takes a long time to shift through them.
mjf
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by emom100)
someone siad to me yesterday that they got about 8000 applications for history for about 100 places. I don't know if thats exactly correct but it explains why it takes a long time to shift through them.
emom could you email me?!
Neogandalf
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by emom100)
Just to clear that up if anyone was interested. History at Bristol has 1826 applicants for 72 places. On a plus they do offer places to 410 people. If anyone is reading this , do they know any other very highly over subscribed courses?
shana
Report 16 years ago
Hi, I got admission in Chemistry. Is Bristol good enuff?
Could somebody please give me an idea of cost of living there for 2?
Thanx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (64)
12.28%
Virtual campus tours/open days (123)
23.61%
Live streaming events (46)
8.83%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.98%
A uni comparison tool (121)
23.22%
An in-person event when available (115)
22.07%