The Student Room Group
I don't know much about the great expectations..
I know you're rushing, but just a tip.. don't use "Dickens" often... vary it with "he", "the author" etc, you're more likely to get better marks just by little things like that :smile:
Reply 2
CityOfMyHeart
I don't know much about the great expectations..
I know you're rushing, but just a tip.. don't use "Dickens" often... vary it with "he", "the author" etc, you're more likely to get better marks just by little things like that :smile:

Ahh my teacher told me that but I forgot thanks for reminding me ? sorry if grammar is wrong on TSR btw
Future pilot
Ahh my teacher told me that but I forgot thanks for reminding me ? sorry if grammar is wrong on TSR btw

haha no worries about the grammar!
no problem, hope the coursework goes alright :biggrin:
It's a good base to work with but you need to go into more detail, e.g. analyse the sound of 'raw' as a word and its connotations further.
P.S. In the first paragraph, put an apostrophe in 'it's' when you are abbreviating 'it is'
Reply 5
Kestrel_Lover_Sophie
It's a good base to work with but you need to go into more detail, e.g. analyse the sound of 'raw' as a word and its connotations further.
P.S. In the first paragraph, put an apostrophe in 'it's' when you are abbreviating 'it is'

Thanks I'm not good at english , I hate it.
Future pilot
Thanks I'm not good at english , I hate it.

Don't worry, it's just something you get or you don't.
I personally couldn't stand it, especially all the exam technique etc. it all felt somewhat pretentious to me, but I learnt it anyway and reading the syllabus helps a lot too. Good Luck.
do you mean "I intend to" in the first paragraph?
try to go into each quote more and analyse them more in depth- for example, connotations of raw and wilderness, as someone has already said

try to use PEAI paragraphs:

1. make a point that directly answers the question
2. then use evidence from the text to back it up
3. then analyse the quote for possible meanings/connotations etc, which literary devices, eg metaphors etc are used and why/what effect they have
4. the last part should be the impact- for instance, why has Dickens written it that way? what is he suggetsing? is there some kind of message for the reader? and what impact will it have on readers nowadays and will it have had at the time it was written?

hope that helps... it looks like a good start though so far, just needs to be a bit more in depth
Reply 8
Mention 'Pathetic Fallacy' somewhere in the paragraph. Also, don't say 'I intend...'. Instead say 'I will...' :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending