Turn on thread page Beta

A level resit changes watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know about the proposed A Level resit changes? Does it mean that if you havent cashed in your grades you could resit them next year? Im taking some exams at the end of Jan 04, but wuld like to take some AS units again....anyone know about this change to the resit rule of being able to take a module more than one time?

ReputationRep:
    i think that what has happened is...
    After January 2004 you can retake AS units as many time as you like, that means your skool can give you the option to sit the max amount of exams per year, that way you will end up getting better marks, kos you are under pressure, and have experienced the "the real" exam before sitting them in June, (if you did not do so good).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SasunD)
    i think that what has happened is...
    After January 2004 you can retake AS units as many time as you like, that means your skool can give you the option to sit the max amount of exams per year, that way you will end up getting better marks, kos you are under pressure, and have experienced the "the real" exam before sitting them in June, (if you did not do so good).
    You see I have done my A Levels, but not cashed in the grades for my chemistry and maths as I was effectively going to take modules 5&6 again. I have already taken the AS units twice, but again not cashed them. So does this mean that I could take the AS (and if necessary A2) units for a third time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mjf)
    You see I have done my A Levels, but not cashed in the grades for my chemistry and maths as I was effectively going to take modules 5&6 again. I have already taken the AS units twice, but again not cashed them. So does this mean that I could take the AS (and if necessary A2) units for a third time?
    Yes. Scummy rule but it's there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Yes. Scummy rule but it's there.
    Right - so I could take my AS modules again? If so, that would be really good - as I had to move schools the first time and change exam boards!

ReputationRep:
    Found this on the BBC site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/2896721.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevie G)
    Found this on the BBC site:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/2896721.stm
    It was John Clare of the Telegraph that said that from 2004 you could resit exams as many times as you like...I was just wondering if that included those people who have taken them twice before Jan 2004, but not cashed them?

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.