Turn on thread page Beta

Can someone tell me what this uni is like for Business Management (I'm aware that it's ranked 1st in the Guardian league table) but I'd like to know more about the place Guildford, local people there and any other information basically. I'm an international student and am thinking of applying there can u please help?
    Thanks

Surrey is a very good uni for engineering and business. Additionally the business management building is new and very modern.
    Guildford is a small,quite and posh suburb, with some pubs but the union is the epicenter of nightlife and it's well organised. The uni has many international students.
    The residences offer exceptional convenience, being close to all University facilities..

Btw, where are you from?

Im from India! Does it have easy access to the London Gatwick or Heathrow Airport?
    I've heard of Brighton being a great place too but I don't know whether i should apply there as Surrey has a greater reputation for business!

(Original post by wizard)
    Surrey is a very good uni for engineering and business. Additionally the business management building is new and very modern.
    Guildford is a small,quite and posh suburb, with some pubs but the union is the epicenter of nightlife and it's well organised. The uni has many international students.
    The residences offer exceptional convenience, being close to all University facilities..

Btw, where are you from?

It has very easy access to Gatwick Airport via Gatwick Express. (about 30'). The Guildford train station is a less than 10' walk,away from the uni.

how do u know so much about surrey if i may ask as your details say that ur from Greece. I was presuming that u study at Surrey uni, am i right?
    thanks for helping
    (Original post by wizard)
    It has very easy access to Gatwick Airport via Gatwick Express. (about 30'). The Guildford train station is a less than 10' walk,away from the uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered_)
    I'd like to know more about the place Guildford, local people there and any other information basically. I'm an international student
    we're bloody great!! im a local outside of term time

the town is pretty, old centre, resonably good shops, 3 clubs+union, loads of bars, (including spoons!) station is dead close to uni, and from there your easy to the airports

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    we're bloody great!! im a local outside of term time

the town is pretty, old centre, resonably good shops, 3 clubs+union, loads of bars, (including spoons!) station is dead close to uni, and from there your easy to the airports
    Yeah Guildford seems a nice place- some good recreational facilities etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yeah Guildford seems a nice place- some good recreational facilities etc.
    #1 leisure centre in the uk!

and me, im a recreational activity cos i will get you drunk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    #1 leisure centre in the uk!

and me, im a recreational activity cos i will get you drunk
    But you've betrayed your county and taken your entertainments elsewhere for the majority of the year.

ReputationRep:
    really? oh, i dont remember that!?

ReputationRep:
    i have been to surrey university a few times, and it is a really good university with a lot of facilities. i think you would be better of and enjoy guildford more than brighton.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody applied for any of the postgrad (MSc etc) courses at University of Surrey 2004 entry?

Or has anybody been offered a place on any of their MSc courses yet?

Which course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    i recently applied to the university of surrey school of management for the september 2004 intake and was admitted.
    i applied for two msc programes: Msc in international Business Management and the MSC in Marketing Management .I eventually have to decide which one i want to take.

are you planning on applying to surrey?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antwan J)
    i recently applied to the university of surrey school of management for the september 2004 intake and was admitted.
    i applied for two msc programes: Msc in international Business Management and the MSC in Marketing Management .I eventually have to decide which one i want to take.

are you planning on applying to surrey?

Hi Antwan!

Yes...I applied for the MSc in International Business Management and was accepted last month. I would definitely recommend the International Business course!

I went to the open day last month...the campus is amazing!

Let me know how you get on!

Sweety Pie ;-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaeedRehman)
    i have been to surrey university a few times, and it is a really good university with a lot of facilities. i think you would be better of and enjoy guildford more than brighton.
    I disagree.
    I chose brighton over surrey, because its simply a better place to spend time.
    And i think surrey are kind of desperate to get people really. I told them three times i didn't want to go there, so not to bother making me an offer, and they still did.

ReputationRep:
    i finally made up my mind and ill go for the msc in international business since its covers most of core business areas! hey ill probably see you there sometime in september !

cya

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.