The Student Room Group

chinese biscuits with chocolate inside

...anyone know of the english equivalent?!
my housemate and i are sure there used to be british ones with animals printed on the front?!

They're a small round, slightly flattened biscuit, with a picture printed on the top, with soft chocolate in the middle?!

I've managed to find something similar in chinese food shops but i'm sure there was a british type.

anyone have any idea what i'm on about?!

Scroll to see replies

I know what you're on about...you mean something like the Koala biscuits from Japan? They are so damn good.

And no, I haven't seen any English equivalents. Tsk.
Reply 2
=O the koala biscuits. Mmm so nice ^_^.
yeah koala biscuits...n im so sure we had some like that in the uk =[
am having to make do with silly little over-priced packets from my union shop as its the only place i can get them (although these arent koala ones, just really similar).
There are different variants of the Koala biscuits, yes. The strawberry flavour Koala biscuits are insanely brilliant; better than the choc flavour in my opinion.

Thinking back actually, I *think* there was something English which was very similar but tasted pretty ****, but maybe I am just hallucinating now...
I can remember reading something about them being withdrawn from supermarkets because they contained melamine, albeit low levels.
I know there were similar biscuits in Pakistan when I went, but with different animals printed on them. My cousin bought boxes full.
Citizen Zero
Thinking back actually, I *think* there was something English which was very similar but tasted pretty ****, but maybe I am just hallucinating now...

see thats what im starting to think i'm doing, as nowhere seems to have any and people dont seem certain that they existed... so i'm completely confused.
I definitely remember them, they were like flattened circles and solid because they were full of chocolate, and they had a picture printed on one side. I know exactly what you mean. I used to love those when I was little :frown:

edit: they were these! http://kahmun6606.blogspot.com/2007/11/cartoon-biscuit.html 'Cartoons'
They sell them in Chinese supermarkets :redface: Bit pricy though, but worth it :yep:
CARTOONS!
they were.

i had that word floating around my head but i totally didnt think that was right!!! =]
i wonder why they disappeared =[
Yeah there definitely used to be some but I can't remember what they were called... the pictures were just like, outlines of the animals weren't they? and it was kinda browny black ink?
:woo: CARTOONS?

Maybe I did eat them once upon a time!

But the Koala ones still pwn. :yep:
Reply 12
They sound a bit like the Turkish(?) Biscrem biscuits - you can find them in Turkish delis/grocers and if you see them, they're worth trying.
Reply 13
Hello Panda!
Eden01
Hello Panda!

seconds to that
Reply 15
i love them cartoon biscuits x been looking in the shops for them x but i couldnt remember wat their were called until use just said the name x thanx x
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
I can remember reading something about them being withdrawn from supermarkets because they contained melamine, albeit low levels.
I know there were similar biscuits in Pakistan when I went, but with different animals printed on them. My cousin bought boxes full.

Cocomo? :tongue:
Reply 17
Not to be fussy but we have to mourn them properly - they're called "Cartoonies", made by Burton, and not a day goes by that I don't wish they still existed! I remember the trips to Gateway (showing my age here) with the Grandparents, and as soon as we got into the supermarket, getting to run ahead, grab the multipack of Cartoonies, bring them back to the trolley, and I'd get to eat a packet as we went around the shop.

Every Saturday. BRILLIANT. They were my favourite snacks.

Whereas I've certainly not found anything QUITE as good, the best substitutes can be found in Asian supermarkets -

Hello Panda: quite close in terms of chocolate/biscuit flavour, but different shape, but almost carbon copy of the epic original is...

Lotte Kancho: the exact shape, taste (chocolate) but with a sliiiightly crunchier biscuit than the originals... they're just harder to find.
Original post by Blackshadow
Cocomo? :tongue:

:rofl:

YES! :tongue:

And an LP fan. :sexface:
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
:rofl:

YES! :tongue:

And an LP fan. :sexface:

Lol I know my biscuits. xD

Yeaaahh they're awesome! ;D

Quick Reply