The Student Room Group

Pharmacy Selection Day test on Biology,Chem,Eng and Maths - advice appreciated.

Hi

I have a selection day interview which includes a written test on Chem,Biology,Maths and English. Unlike many others I'll be a mature student and havent done A Level Chemistry and Biology for a while. They say it will be basic stuff so no revision required but I guess it will be basic for someone who is currenly studying a levels and not for someone like me. Although its been a few years I'm sure I can refresh.

Can someone recommend any good a level chemistry and biology revision guides for me to brush up on and has anyone done these selection tests before?

Of course in the interview they will ask me questions.

Thanks.
Which uni is this for?

I had to do a test at UCLan, and it was 10 multiple choice questions. There was basic biology and chemistry (mainly from AS level) and a maths question, which was to rearrange an equation.

I'd say just buy a biology and a chemistry A level revision guides (try ebay coz a lot of the ones in book shops are quite expensive). All applicants will have done different exam boards so the syllabuses they've learnt may be different so make sure you go over the main topics that appear on most syllabuses.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Courtenayyy
Which uni is this for?

I had to do a test at UCLan, and it was 10 multiple choice questions. There was basic biology and chemistry (mainly from AS level) and a maths question, which was to rearrange an equation.

I'd say just buy a biology and a chemistry A level revision guides (try ebay coz a lot of the ones in book shops are quite expensive). All applicants will have done different exam boards so the syllabuses they've learnt may be different so make sure you go over the main topics that appear on most syllabuses.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks.

Huddersfield. I'm gonna get those books and brush up on my a level biology and chemistry : )
Reply 3
i got an interview there tomrrow!!! (huddersfeild)!!
Reply 4
cool

How did it go?
Reply 5
Sarah_N
i got an interview there tomrrow!!! (huddersfeild)!!

what was it like
Reply 6
Hi I would like some advice for the huddersfield interview...im really scared of the test they do what can i do ?

Latest

Trending

Trending