This discussion is closed.
*boo*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
I'm just wondering what courses are usually available in clearing or clearing extra because I'm not sure I really want to do the course or go to the uni's I've applied to. I applied to mostly one's in the north of england but I really want to go to the south now. I'm also not that confident I'll meet my offers (if I get any)

Is it usually just engineering/science courses that need filled up?
Will there be many places left for Management or Economics?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
There arent usually many places at any of the top unis available through clearing.
J.S.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by *boo*)
I'm just wondering what courses are usually available in clearing or clearing extra because I'm not sure I really want to do the course or go to the uni's I've applied to. I applied to mostly one's in the north of england but I really want to go to the south now. I'm also not that confident I'll meet my offers (if I get any)

Is it usually just engineering/science courses that need filled up?
Will there be many places left for Management or Economics?

Welll....

Engineering/Biology/Chem/Physics/Maths (the latter two if you're fortunate)...you'll have a great deal of choice.

With Management/Econ...well, that's the flip side of the coin. You could be forced into either making your choice based on the region i.e. north/south, or attempting to find a good university. That will have to be your decision, you will be extremely lucky to get both. Also, hugely popular Econ/Man. courses are long gone, ie. LSE/Warwick/UCL/Bristol/Notts, etc.

A few of the large redbrick universities may have something, i.e. Manchester/B'ham. At these universities, you may only have the choice of getting onto one of the dual honours, or at least will be restricted somewhat. However, on a positive, Lesta and Liverpool are most probably the only two 'traditonal' universities that are likely to have a fairly good range of options open to you. Other than that, the ex poly's will have literally all their courses available. Also, the 60's universities (massive exceptions being Warwick/York) will all have a fair bit of choice available.

To finish on a positive, the courses you are considering are very heavily oversubsribed, however naturally, they respond to excessive demand by raising the number of places available.

Hope this helps.
J.S.
SaeedRehman
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
what you can do is withdraw your application and reapply, but your fee will be lost, so you will have to pay £15 again. depends on how serious you are. i never done it, but it should be possible.

as in clearing you only choose from what are left overs...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (480)
51.89%
No (445)
48.11%

Watched Threads