This discussion is closed.
sweetinferno
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
I actually agree with him and his essay. He's a bit extreme in the second half but society has become a lot softer since women got the vote. I also think that women are responsible for political correctness.

It's the logical conclusion. If you think that's sexist, you're either childish, blind or stupid.
softer as in less war and death and killing? how is that a bad thing?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Softer as in

Teachers unable to discipline naughty kids
Parents unable to smack naughty kids
Homeowners unable to defend their property
Prisons unable to mistreat criminals
Managers unable to sack staff
Courts unable to discipline kids

Stupid words like

PeopleEarth
Firefighter
Police Officer
Spokesperson
Chair
Headteacher
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
He tries to pin all the ills of society on the feminisation (to replace his word) of men. This is inaccurate although it applies to a few of his points. But he fails to realise that society is changing, and that means everyone. The real man is changing. So he should perhaps stop living in the past.

I probably wouldn't have said this if I hadn't studied The Full Monty for my English coursework at GCSE. The film is a great display of how men have to adapt and correct their foibles, and understand that society demands more of the modern man than simply breadwinner. It shows that no dignity is lost by improving oneself (and the author of the essay did say men shouldn't have to improve themselves), rather it is respected and there is dignity in coming out a better human being.

I used to front like a 'jack-the-lad' because I believed that if I was my true self I would display relative weakness. In fact my lack of self-confidence was a blatantly obvious weakness. Bu having gained my self-confidence I believe I am stronger and more dignified and respected for it. I stand more of a chance with the ladies too! Point being, I'm all the better for being proud of my feminine side, and all real men would be too.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
He tries to pin all the ills of society on the feminisation (to replace his word) of men. This is inaccurate although it applies to a few of his points. But he fails to realise that society is changing, and that means everyone. The real man is changing. So he should perhaps stop living in the past.

I probably wouldn't have said this if I hadn't studied The Full Monty for my English coursework at GCSE. The film is a great display of how men have to apadt and correct their foibles, and understand that society demands more of the modern man than simply breadwinner. It shows that no dignity is lost by improving oneself (and the author of the essay did say men shouldn't have to improve themselves), rather it is respected and there is dignity in coming out a better human being.

I used to front like a 'jack-the-lad' because I believed that if I was my true self I would display relative weakness. In fact my lack of self-confidence was a blatantly obvious weakness. Bu having gained my self-confidence I believe I am stronger and more dignified and respected for it. I stand more of a chance with the ladies too! Point being, I'm all the better for being proud of my feminine side, and all real men would be too.
That's actually very well written. Well done.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
That's actually very well written. Well done.
Oh well thank you! I'm well chuffed with it now!
sweetinferno
Rep:
?

I probably wouldn't have said this if I hadn't studied The Full Monty for my English coursework at GCSE. The film is a great display of how men have to adapt and correct their foibles, and understand that society demands more of the modern man than simply breadwinner. It shows that no dignity is lost by improving oneself (and the author of the essay did say men shouldn't have to improve themselves), rather it is respected and there is dignity in coming out a better human being.

bravo!! that is very well put!! it's nice to know that you see it from another being's point of view. good job!!
sweetinferno
Rep:
?
Softer as in

Teachers unable to discipline naughty kids
Parents unable to smack naughty kids
Homeowners unable to defend their property
Prisons unable to mistreat criminals
Managers unable to sack staff
Courts unable to discipline kids

Stupid words like

PeopleEarth
Firefighter
Police Officer
Spokesperson
Chair
Headteacher
society has changed, but people are created equal and deserve the same share in politics, and many other things, as each other. and better these things then teachers abusing kids, or not having police officers and fire fighters!
FudgeMonkey
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
No but then it wasn't the Germans who bombed Pearl Harbor was it?

---

So easy to visualise that man...

LOL!!
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by sweetinferno)
bravo!! that is very well put!! it's nice to know that you see it from another being's point of view. good job!!
And thank you too.
Wow, two congratulatory comments! Can I have rep???
Elle
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I wonder if he actually believes that crap!!? A guy at my school at to write an essay about how why women are paid less in society.. it wasn't as bad as this one but it comes close :mad:

I guess it goes to prove how dumb a lot of guys are and why women are the superior sex
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I actually agree with him and his essay. He's a bit extreme in the second half but society has become a lot softer since women got the vote. I also think that women are responsible for political correctness.

It's the logical conclusion. If you think that's sexist, you're either childish, blind or stupid.
You utter utter ****. All three of the above apply to you.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
I wonder if he actually believes that crap!!? A guy at my school at to write an essay about how why women are paid less in society.. it wasn't as bad as this one but it comes close :mad:

I guess it goes to prove how dumb a lot of guys are and why women are the superior sex
O-kaaaaay instead of equality it's supremacy you're on about... bit hypocritical if you'll excuse me for saying.
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
O-kaaaaay instead of equality it's supremacy you're on about... bit hypocritical if you'll excuse me for saying.
Lol.. I was kidding in my last sentence. Just trying to wind up the guy who agreed with the essay..
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Lol.. I was kidding in my last sentence. Just trying to wind up the guy who agreed with the essay..
Oh that's cool then. Read my counter?
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Oh that's cool then. Read my counter?
Yeh.. impressive. Nice to know there are some guys with their heads screwed on right
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Elle)
Yeh.. impressive. Nice to know there are some guys with their heads screwed on right
Hmmph I wish more of me was screwed more often...
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Hmmph I wish more of me was screwed more often...
*get's out chordless screwdriver*
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
<face of no vavavoom> And it's 'cordless', because chordless implies that it's crap at music...
Elle
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Egan1)
Lol.. I don't think thats what he meant..
Egan1
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
<face of no vavavoom> And it's 'cordless', because chordless implies that it's crap at music...
How do you know that wasn't what I was implying ey? The tones of electrical tools aren't always melodic you know so I was just making it clear!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (71)
12.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (142)
24.27%
Live streaming events (51)
8.72%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (55)
9.4%
A uni comparison tool (136)
23.25%
An in-person event when available (130)
22.22%