everflaming
Badges: 5
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Can my Extended Essay topic (which is in English B) have the same topic as my World Literature Essay (which is in Arabic A1)?

Please let me know as soon as possible!
everflaming
Of course an extended essay can be written in English B! Here's my topic: Comparison between two female characters; Lyuba Ranevsky and Jane Eyre in each of The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekhov and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.

That's what I'm looking into at the moment. I shall read the guide, but please let me know if you come across any information that may be useful.
Last edited by RK; 3 months ago
Shekstar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by IB-goin-places)
They would do a lot more than that. Double-dipping between any subjects, no matter what language or group, is a failing condition. At my school they even classify it as plagiarism...
Aren't you allowed to have similar experimental writeups in sciences though? One of mine is a biochemistry topic, enzymes, so perfect for both biology and chemistry.
everflaming
(Original post by IB-goin-places)
They would do a lot more than that. Double-dipping between any subjects, no matter what language or group, is a failing condition. At my school they even classify it as plagiarism...
I had a feeling that this would be considered plagiarism. Well, can I write my extended essay (which is, again, in English B) about two stories (actually, plays) that I'm already taking at my Arabic A1 course, but the topic isn't the same as the one for my World Literature Essay?
jc_bach
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well firstly the original texts SHOULD be written in english. Also it should be about english culture and how the works reveal the culture of english society in a period of time. If your essay didnt include that (or just write it in terms of literature) then its no good doing it.
everflaming
(Original post by jc_bach)
Well firstly the original texts SHOULD be written in english. Also it should be about english culture and how the works reveal the culture of english society in a period of time. If your essay didnt include that (or just write it in terms of literature) then its no good doing it.
What!

Do you mean that I can investigate English-written stories/plays in my extended essay only? The plays that I'm investigating in are Norwegian (The Wild Duck) and Russian (The Cherry Orchard). Of course, they're translated into English, but the original language, is, as mentioned, in Norwegian and Russian.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads