The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

magiccarpet
you men are fools.

be honest. the first thing that attracts you to a girl is her appearance. its the first thing you see, deciding whether or not you wana talk to her. then you get to know her personality.

picture the scenario. you walk into a crowded bar filled with women. they are all friendly, but none of them approaches you to talk with you. how do you decide who you want to know better?

I probably would just go into the corner and not talk to anyone at all.
another thing for the 'men' who say they go for personality not looks, the two are the same eg

GIRL A: plump and curvy ,big wide smile,big group of friends, bright red curly long hair,bright wide set green eyes, large earrings, bright red low cut tight dress, bright blue heavy eyeshadow, bright pink shiny lipstick

GIRL B: blond hair tied back, slim, petite, large round blue eyes,long eyelashes, small nose, full pink lips, round face, short, wearing jeans and a pink t shirt, pink lipstick,

GIRL C: long dark straight hair, high cheekbones, brown eyes, glasses, thin, wearing all black and no makeup standing alone

we all would associate a personality with each of the girls based on appearance. girl a seems confident,fun,loud.girl b seems cute, quiet,naive. girl c seems serious and dull.

it is then who we decide we like the 'personality' of that we choose who to talk to
IB student uk
so if looks aren't really important to you, It's what's inside a person that counts, you'd have no problem dating a very ugly, obese person, with hygene problems, because she's generous and friendly. ( not being descriminative in any way here - just making a point)
thats mighty honourable.
I doubt it - if ur not sexually attracted to a person how is a relationship like that going to work.
get over yourself - your not a godsent and probably just as judgemental as the next person!

its interseting to notice that couples getting married are often equally balanced in their goodlookingness
magiccarpet
another thing for the 'men' who say they go for personality not looks, the two are the same eg

GIRL A: plump and curvy ,big wide smile,big group of friends, bright red curly long hair,bright wide set green eyes, large earrings, bright red low cut tight dress, bright blue heavy eyeshadow, bright pink shiny lipstick

GIRL B: blond hair tied back, slim, petite, large round blue eyes,long eyelashes, small nose, full pink lips, round face, short, wearing jeans and a pink t shirt, pink lipstick,

GIRL C: long dark straight hair, high cheekbones, brown eyes, glasses, thin, wearing all black and no makeup standing alone

we all would associate a personality with each of the girls based on appearance. girl a seems confident,fun,loud.girl b seems cute, quiet,naive. girl c seems serious and dull.

it is then who we decide we like the 'personality' of that we choose who to talk to

If I had to choose, I would go for girl C though since the other 2 would not interest me at all, it actually makes them seem colour coded.
Reply 44
magiccarpet

What the sog are you on about?
I look more like girl C btw, but I'm definitely not serious :rolleyes:
wiwarin_mir
If I had to choose, I would go for girl C though since the other 2 would not interest me at all, it actually makes them seem colour coded.

see? appearance does count!
Reply 46
magiccarpet

Does the physical appearance REFLECT the individual's personality ???

Thanks for enlightening me here, as I seems to have kept myself completely aloof from the rather peculiar "logic" of yours. :biggrin:

By the way, the Oxford English Dictionary decribes "personality" way different than how you see (from merely the physical outfits) as "the type of person you are, which is shown by the way you behave, feel and think" & that's I fear NO WAY near to how you JUDGE the personality, I'm afraid :frown:
Reply 47
j4mes_bond25

Thanks for enlightening me here, as I seems to have kept myself completely aloof from the rather peculiar "logic" of yours. :biggrin:

By the way, the Oxford English Dictionary decribes "personality" way different than how you see (from merely the physical outfits) as "the type of person you are, which is shown by the way you behave, feel and think" & that's I fear NO WAY near to how you JUDGE the personality, I'm afraid :frown:

Woo, exactly.
how come no1s chosen legs or chest?! :eek: and i thought mine were quite impressive :frown:
It says personality is the way you behave, in which case isn't your style of life a type of behaviour, therefore what clothes you choose to wear and the way you decide you want to look is part of your personality. The way you look and dress is a big give away to the type of person you are I think.
Obviously personality goes far beyond appearance... but i think appearance is part of it.
Reply 51
I put face but eyes should have been on the list. Best time i 'noticed' a girl was actually after i'd been shot down by one of these stereotypical drool-inducing girls, and i found my best friend was a shoulder to cry on...that was a good example of finding personality suddenly attractive before looks, although she is a bit of a stunner too now i've thought about her in that way. Honestly tho i agreed with quite a few of you before, cos of course the first time u meet someone that u become attracted to, you look at them first. Looking leads to talking - and if it does lead to that, then of course u are brought to that stage by physical attraction. In my case it was just a funny chance that my best friend suddenly became attractive to me just because she was such a good friend.
Reply 52
magiccarpet
you men are fools.

be honest. the first thing that attracts you to a girl is her appearance. its the first thing you see, deciding whether or not you wana talk to her. then you get to know her personality.

picture the scenario. you walk into a crowded bar filled with women. they are all friendly, but none of them approaches you to talk with you. how do you decide who you want to know better?

If guys are "fools" then I reckon, you women wouldn't have been living a life of luxury with "men-made" inventions like telephone, tv, computers, mobile, etc. etc. etc. (as the list is quite ENDLESS, you see :wink: & indeed, "womenly" TAMPON :smile:

To be honest (just as you asked), I agree that 1st thing that attracts men is her appearance, but then again the similar can be said in case of women, isn't it ???

Now, picture the scenario, you walk into a crowded bar filled with men. They are all friendly, but none of them approaches you to talk with you. How do you decide who you want to know better?

I think LOOKS is the word you should be looking for to answer this question :wink:
j4mes_bond25

yes!! its the way we choose to reflect ourselvesand express ourselves to othersit depends on what we want people to think of us consiously or unconsoiusly.
and when you meet a girl, its the first thing you notice.
if you saw these girls, you'd assume things about their personality too
Reply 54
caffecooki
how come no1s chosen legs or chest?! :eek: and i thought mine were quite impressive :frown:

MAY BE, people around needs EVIDENCE :wink:
Reply 55

shhh. the less we talk about legs and boobs, the better for me ;_;

dont put urself down! i'm sure they are lovely :wink: :biggrin:
j4mes_bond25

To be honest (just as you asked), I agree that 1st thing that attracts men is her appearance, but then again the similar can be said in case of women, isn't it ???

Now, picture the scenario, you walk into a crowded bar filled with men. They are all friendly, but none of them approaches you to talk with you. How do you decide who you want to know better?

I think LOOKS is the word you should be looking for to answer this question :wink:

My opinions regarding appearances are based on people, not men. I would say exactly the same for women - I don't think you get one sex more shallow than the other.
Reply 57
magiccarpet
yes!! its the way we choose to reflect ourselvesand express ourselves to othersit depends on what we want people to think of us consiously or unconsoiusly.
and when you meet a girl, its the first thing you notice.
if you saw these girls, you'd assume things about their personality too

Do accept my apology but could it be the C in my GCSE English that's making it harder to understand what you just mentioned OR could the reason be something else, I wonder :confused:
j4mes_bond25
If guys are "fools" then I reckon, you women wouldn't have been living a life of luxury with "men-made" inventions like telephone, tv, computers, mobile, etc. etc. etc. (as the list is quite ENDLESS, you see :wink: & indeed, "womenly" TAMPON :smile:

yes! theres nothing wrong with it. although a relationship based on looks is shallow, looks are what initially draws your attention.
if i saw a fit guy, i'd go talk to him get to know him and see if i liked his personality. if not, i'd walk away.but its the fitness that drew me to him.

guys that keep arguing the painfully flawed and false statement 'i only care about a girls persoanlity' are hypocritical or ugly themselves. they clearly wouldnt mind going out with a spotty,obese,goofy teeth,flat chested, man-faced,slight moustached girl with cold sores and pus spots arount the mouth.

in men i'd say his women's looks are part of it, he wants to impress his mates with a fit lady.or at the very least, would be embarrassed to ghave a very ugly girlfriend.
j4mes_bond25
Do accept my apology but could it be the C in my GCSE English that's making it harder to understand what you just mentioned OR could the reason be something else, I wonder :confused:

well smart ass i got one of the top 5 marks in the country for gcse english and grade A for alevel english so i'll damn well type however i like.

Latest

Trending

Trending