This discussion is closed.
Bill
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Hi all

I have had to produce a case study for my 7307 The tutor told me its.

A scenario, were a new student (pretend) joins the class he says for "example" he knows all about
computers, the class is asked to write down how they can explain to him certain tasks (IT tasks)
to test him.

I did this as she said now she says its wrong, I think she is making a simple case study into a big
thing she told me not to worry because she's had problems last year. I am confused to find out she
hasn't put this in a different way to me she seems to be blaming me because she can't explain in
another way. I am also suppose to come up with a marking scheme of some description.

I have a feeling the tutors not sure herself.

There are others in the class with similar case study problems

Bill

--

If for any reason you receive this mail by mistake I apologise. This mail is intended for the
addresse Please inform me and I will delete from my mailing list. Thankyou..
Slieber24
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
In article <%[email protected]>, "bill"
<[email protected]> writes:

[q1]>I have had to produce a case study for my 7307 The tutor told me its.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>A scenario, were a new student (pretend) joins the class he says for "example" he knows all about[/q1]
[q1]>computers, the class is asked to write down how they can explain to him certain tasks (IT tasks) to[/q1]
[q1]>test him.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>I did this as she said now she says its wrong, I think she is making a simple case study into a big[/q1]
[q1]>thing she told me not to worry because she's had problems last year. I am confused to find out she[/q1]
[q1]>hasn't put this in a different way to me she seems to be blaming me because she can't explain in[/q1]
[q1]>another way. I am also suppose to come up with a marking scheme of some description.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>I have a feeling the tutors not sure herself.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>There are others in the class with similar case study problems[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]

A case study usually deals with an individual, teaching and/or tracking their progress in some area.

If you read "anecdotal" evidence, they are usually considered to be case studies. For example, I
read a book called "Dibs: In Search of Self." It was made into a book, but it was originally a case
study. The story of Helen Keller originally came from (for the time), a case study.

You generally needa focus for your case study. For example, for my Master's, I took on one of my own
pupils and had to create an IEP, a full term's unit and assessments for just this one pupil. I had
to find out and write on his background, including medical information, strategies already tried,
find research to match his difficulties, do systematic observations, submit evidence of what I was
doing, etc.. My professor even came in to observe me working with him, to check that I was doing
what I'd said.

HTH.

----------------------------------------------------
Sandi

Remove NoSpam to reply.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads