The Student Room Group

my sister stealing my money

I know this probably sounds really petty but it is annoying me so much! I get paid in cash so I often have spare money around. My sister literally lives in my room, I can never go in there she is obsessed with money and is selling everything she has practically on ebay! Her room is extremely small and whenever I am at work on saturdays she spends the whole day in there in my bed getting it all dirty.
If i leave anything in my room I can guarantee it will be gone. This morning I left £20 on the side (because i owed it to my dad) and i know that I had it i left it in my little box. About an hour ago my dad asks for the money so I go upstairs look in my box and there is nothing there. So i walked to the other side of my room to find £10 of it on my desk. Which I know i did not leave there! Anyway this happens all the time and whenever I confront her about it she has this juge outburst saying how sare I accuse her of this and she says how much she hates me and makes such a scene that my parents consequently have a huge row with me saying your sister would never do such a thing - you must have been imagining that you put there my mum says i am an awful individual and my little sister is extremely perfect and they say how could I ever think to accuse her of such things ! IIt is annoying me so much I cant stand being around my family I dont know what to do! Whenever I try and catch her out i always fail miserably!

Has anyone got any ideas as to how I can try and get my money back! I am really sorry for the very long post! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
dont leave money lying about, put lock on your room door
tell your folks????

get alock on your door and stop her from going in your room!

i dont have sisters/brothers (im glad in this case lol!)- id be fuming though..........
my parents wont let me lock the dorr because they say as its such a small house we have to share the space! Its so stupid she has a new tv with freeview and ddv player I dont get why she is always in my room!
Buy a safe and put it in there. Simple.

Check on Argos.
Reply 5
Am I right reading that you've got two separate rooms? I think you should just tell her your room is your private space in which you don't want people casually entering without permission. And also leaving money around isn't probably the best thing to do, your sister probably thinks she's sussed you and knows where you keep your money and anything valuable. Best thing to do is to hide your savings, or just open a bank account and put your spare cash in there.
Reply 6
leave some money in your room and set up a camera. if you catch her red handed, your parents may also believe that she has stolen before
Reply 7
A) Talk to your parents about it
B) Start paying in all the money you can to a bank account
Whack any money in a bank account, at least she really can't get at it there.

That's a really bad situation though, I was fuming at my sister for stealing a carton of Ribena from my room - I'd go crazy if she started taking money.

How old are you OP? Surely it's your choice if she goes in your room or not...
Reply 9
i had the same problem, but with my older sister. not money, though. all my stuff, instead.
buy a safe. i did, it solved the problem completely :smile:
Annaconda
leave some money in your room and set up a camera. if you catch her red handed, your parents may also believe that she has stolen before

Yeah i was going to say set up a hidden camera somewhere so that you can catch her at it!
im 17! and its really not my choice my parents are so unreasonable! I move where i hide my money every week - like sometimes i now put it in school books in the hope she wont find it but she does somehow loL! I always put my money in on monday! But i get paid on saturday so she has all of sunday to do as she pleases!
Reply 12
Silver_Stardust
Yeah i was going to say set up a hidden camera somewhere so that you can catch her at it!

You could do that but you'll waste money and probably wont get anywhere cause your sister could say she was only borrowing it and it still wouldn't achieve anything cause she's your sister and isn't exactly going to get chucked out of the house.

The best thing to do is preventing it from happening again by one way or another. If you're too young for a bank account you can just put them in unexpected places too, an old shoe in the back of a wardrobe, hidden in the bottom of a basket, just somewhere your sis wouldn't go.
Reply 13
Definitely get a money box or safe.
And the idea with the camera was good too. She sounds like a pain in the ass, catching her red handed would wipe that halo away!
Reply 14
oooo you could bluetack your money to the bottom of furniture!
Reply 15
I recently discovered a cool place for my stuff, lol - my computers tower opens easy and there's a huge empty space though I wouldn't recommend it cause it could probably burn up.
Reply 16
You could give your money to your parents on the Saturday, then get it off them on monday to deposit into your account.
Or just tell her to get the **** out your room and stop being a theif and earn her own money.
get the whore beaten up then she'll stop, worked on my little sis.
Reply 18
Tbh the best way would be
A) talk to your parents about the issue
B) buy a safe and hide it as well
C) keep your money on you!
D) SLAP DA CHEEKY BIATCH :party:

Btw how old is your sister?

The hidden camera idea sounds very good, but isn't that a waste of money just for catching your own sister? It's not like you'll be ringing the police, are you?
Although her stealing from you is obvioulsy a problem, I think the bigger problem is why she needs the money all the time especially if she is selling her own stuff as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending