The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
vinsta
Yeah it was good. I didn't know they looked at different schools of economics in the first year - Marxian for example, it doesn't say that on their website. I booked Hughes Hall and Cripps shared en suite as the en suites had already been allocated in those halls :frown:

I actually never knew Notts taught mainly Neoclassical (never researched that much into it), but I suppose its good to be familiar with all the different schools. I hope they do Keynesian at some stage because that's what I'm most interested in! I keep hearing people mentioning Cripps as the most outgoing hall, but I guess I'll probably miss out on that as I'd like to visit Warwick if the give me an offer, before making my mind up :frown: Tbh I wouldn't mind too much a single study if they haven't gone, as the ensuites are most likely gone by now.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 21
Rob_dob
I actually never knew Notts taught mainly Neoclassical (never researched that much into it), but I suppose its good to be familiar with all the different schools. I hope they do Keynesian at some stage because that's what I'm most interested in! I keep hearing people mentioning Cripps as the most outgoing hall, but I guess I'll probably miss out on that as I'd like to visit Warwick if the give me an offer, before making my mind up :frown: Tbh I wouldn't mind too much a single study if they haven't gone, as the ensuites are most likely gone by now.

Surely most degrees teach neoclassical. The other schools aren't the standard schools really. It's the most popular of all the schools. Yeah they should, it's one of the most important after all. When I visited warwick I hated the place, which is why I didn't apply. Yeah en suites in cripps wasn't even an option.
Rob_dob

Damn, it's like hearing myself all over again.
I hate waiting for Warwick. (Even though I almost made up my mind)
And the worst part of it is to wait and wait, and just be rejected.

Seems like we are in a similar situation and frame of mind. And same course :smile:
BrenLee
If you're outgoing and willing to put a tiny bit more effort into meeting people, you'll be fine :top:

Sorry, I hope you don't mind me asking, but how heavily subscribed are broadgate park's ensuites? The reason I ask is that I still need to visit some of my other university choices and decide so won't be able to hand in my accommodation form for another two weeks. Will many of the ensuites already be allocated? :frown:

oh ok thanks

If i applied in 2 weeks time, is there a deadline that I have to send my deposit by?
Reply 26
Not really as long as we receive it b4 you move in, otherwise you ain't coming in.
Reply 27
andyms
Damn, it's like hearing myself all over again.
I hate waiting for Warwick. (Even though I almost made up my mind)
And the worst part of it is to wait and wait, and just be rejected.

Seems like we are in a similar situation and frame of mind. And same course :smile:

Sounds like there's quite a few from TSR off to Notts for econ :smile: What's most annoying is Warwick will most likely be my insurance, so even though I may not even go there, they are screwing up my chance of getting into the more popular halls! Do you know which Hall you're going for? I'm thinking Cripps (as is basicly everyone else I gather!) single study, although at this rate anything will go :rolleyes:
TomLeigh
Just cancelled Bristol as they're taking too long to update UCAS after my rejection in the post, and decided Warwick, despite the reputation wasn't the place for me, so Nottingham here we come!

Is it normal to think "Gosh the reputation of Warwick is still better than my choice"... (however I have no regrets)?

thats what i did!!
not the warwick bit, the bristol cancellation
so glad i did
applied for my accommodation today as well :biggrin:
Reply 29
vinsta
Surely most degrees teach neoclassical. The other schools aren't the standard schools really. It's the most popular of all the schools. Yeah they should, it's one of the most important after all. When I visited warwick I hated the place, which is why I didn't apply. Yeah en suites in cripps wasn't even an option.

There are only like, 2 or 3 ensuites in Cripps though aren't there?
I put shared as my first choice in there, then a single study. Basically anything as long as it's in Cripps...
Reply 30
Sam o0o
I put shared as my first choice in there, then a single study. Basically anything as long as it's in Cripps..

haha, I did pretty much the same thing :biggrin:
laura_beth
haha, I did pretty much the same thing :biggrin:

whats the difference between a single study and a shared if you dont mind me asking...
Reply 32
krisstassen
whats the difference between a single study and a shared if you dont mind me asking...

In a single study you have a bedroom with a desk in it, and usually a sink. (I don't know of any that don't have sinks, but that's not to say there aren't any rooms like this.) In a shared study, you enter your room via a room with (I assume) two desks, with two bedrooms off this, one of which will be yours, and one which will be your study-mate's. I assume that there are sinks in the shared-study bedrooms too. (Can't say I've ever actually seen a room of this type though.)
Reply 33
Sam o0o
I put shared as my first choice in there, then a single study. Basically anything as long as it's in Cripps...

I put shared ensuite aswell, here's hoping for a decent room mate (sorta thing) lol.
Yeah there's not many en suites in cripps.
Can anyone make a distinction between shared en-suite, private study, bla bla bla.
It's a bit of a mess I reckon :/

And since I'm still waiting on Warwick, I think I'll end up in some dirty and mushy flat :frown: *runs down the lane naked, screaming*
Reply 35
andyms
Can anyone make a distinction between shared en-suite, private study, bla bla bla.
It's a bit of a mess I reckon :/

And since I'm still waiting on Warwick, I think I'll end up in some dirty and mushy flat :frown: *runs down the lane naked, screaming*

the website is pretty decent at showing what they have mostly (from website):

Shared Study-
You have your own bedroom and a separate study area to share with one other person (containing two sets of study furniture), with access to a communal bathroom shared with no more than five others.

Shared Bedroom-
Ideal for two friends who want to live together as you share one room, which includes two sets of study and bedroom furniture, with access to a communal bathroom shared with no more than five others.

Private Shared Bathroom-
You have your own bedroom and study area with access to a bathroom shared with one other person

Single Study-
Your own bedroom and study area with access to a communal bathroom shared with no more than five others.

there are a few more types too, http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/catered_halls/

Some pictures of them here: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/nh/students/accomm/virtual_tours/index.htm
Reply 36
i firmed nottingham. i get what people mean about going for the place rather than for a prestigious uni.
because i know at least two of my uni's i declined were much more highly regarded for my course but at the end of the day i think that university is more about the experience and the place you are in.
i full on fell in love with nottingham so im pretty certain i wont have any regrets about the place. :biggrin:
Reply 37
Mcnells
i firmed nottingham. i get what people mean about going for the place rather than for a prestigious uni.
because i know at least two of my uni's i declined were much more highly regarded for my course but at the end of the day i think that university is more about the experience and the place you are in.
i full on fell in love with nottingham so im pretty certain i wont have any regrets about the place. :biggrin:

Which subject are you going to be studying, and which universities did you decline if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 38
that is good :smile: what course are you applying for?
ha vinsta are we on the same question wave length here
Reply 39
jstar357
that is good :smile: what course are you applying for?
ha vinsta are we on the same question wave length here

lol, I'm intrigued.

Latest