The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

...do you feel ok now?
Reply 2
might be worth getting it checked out to be safe. Health insurance? where are you, the US? If you are in London as you say you are, 3 letters: N. H. S.
Reply 3
Erm, I don't think vomiting blood is ever good.
Reply 4
I'm cool now.
WarmEye
I'm cool now.

well, i would say get it checked out, but if you feel well now, and it was one off..personally i would leave it unless it happens again or i cough up blood, but it may be better to be safe than sorry
Reply 6
What did you drink? Ketchup?

On a serious note it doesn't sound great, go see a doctor or a nurse at least.
Reply 7
I saw a girl puking blood at the hospital once...it was scary :frown: *gulp*

Get it checked!
Reply 8
When did you last eat before you started drinking?
Because I didn't eat much one time to get drunk faster and I just ended up puking up what I had drunk and then blood
Reply 9
Haematemisis is not something you gloss over lightly. Go get it checked. Was the blood a fresh red colour, or a darker red? In general terms, the brighter the blood, the further up its coming from. Its not something thats safe to leave though, given the amount of things that it could be.
It's the plague.
Can't you call NHS direct and chat to a doctor, or something?
Reply 12
p0p0p0
loooool. you lot don't realise how serious this is. it means that internal organs are bleading. OP go to A&E.

Not necessarily, no.
Reply 13
Still alive and feeling good? Then you are probably fine, and it was probably a one off. I'd be more worried if it happens again or you get some abdo pain. Again, don't take what anyone on the internet tells you as fact, as we could in fact be anybody. If you want peace of mind in England you can go to the GP/urgent care centre for free.

Don't bother calling NHS direct, they'll only tell you to go to hospital because they don't want to get sued for killing anyone.
Reply 14
Definitely. I work for NHS24, so I don't like to scaremonger unnecessarily- but its something that needs to be checked. Coffee-ground vomit goes hand-in-hand with liver problems, and while it may just be a tear from the actual vomiting, and thus not be something which is all that serious, it still should be looked at in more detail.
My friend overdid it at a party and was puking up something red. This guy was freaking her out, telling her it was her stomach lining, since she hadn't eaten or drunk anything red. She was fine a couple of hours later and hasn't had it since...But yeah, it's probably worth ringing NHS Direct, or seeing your GP, to find out if there could be any lasting damage.

Edit: just realised I missed a word
Just curious as to what coughing up blood is an indication of? it's happened to me before..
Reply 17
Ok, firstly I wouldn't worry it is more common than you think. When you wretch its possible just to damage the back of your throat and obviously throw up blood.
The question is, did your vomit have blood in it- in which case your fine.
Or, you threw up blood- in which case go see a doctor.
stacey4415
Just curious as to what coughing up blood is an indication of? it's happened to me before..

TB. Its very unlikely that he has it since he has probably had the BCG.
How much blood?
Was it dark and like coffee grounds?

Latest