Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else think the general quality of the forum has gone down recently?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    i've only been here for a little bit, but there is a hell of lot of pointless threads/threads that have been asked very recently. (*thinks of people asking for past papers*).

ReputationRep:
    yes. and people who used to post all the time, have disapeared forever *thinks mr white, phil, juxtapixed*

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    yes. and people who used to post all the time, have disapeared forever *thinks mr white, phil, juxtapixed*

lou xxx
    And lots of people come on less often.

ReputationRep:
    its been hijacked by a bunch of illiterate unregistered scoundrels

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been here for a long time at all n I have to say there r some pretty pointless things posted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    The unregistered option should definitely be removed IMHO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I agree!

ReputationRep:
    you're a mod, surely you could ask d to get rid of the unregistereds- i can't think of any other forum where they let people who are unregistered reply to threads...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theone)
    I agree, it was okay when the unregistereds were participating in debate, but they are trying to take over the forum.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been here since about July (I was one of the unregistered scoundrels for a while) and it has gradually deteriorated over that time. There is not much worthy of discussion anymore, which is why I dont visit very often..

ReputationRep:
    you're a mod, surely you could ask d to get rid of the unregistereds- i can't think of any other forum where they let people who are unregistered reply to threads...

lou xxx
    But I don't know - the majority of this forum is made of unregistered users, many of which actually post sensibly. It's also good to be able to post anonymously, if you're a distinguished member, from time to time...

I don't think any of the threads are pointless as they each encourage a long, heated debate amongst UK students. This is a students' forum and it's interesting to read posts from them, no matter how colourful, rude or bizarre.

Bickering, compliments, insults, stupidity - it's all part of student life. It's what makes this board interesting and honest and that's why this board (unlike others) is successful.

The downfall of this board is largely down to moderators who edit and delete everything for political correctness.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah people spamming is a problem which may be resolved by making people register. Although people can still register, spam and then register another user the next time they come back.

However you were talking about 'pointless' threads. By saying that do you mean threads that are non-education related. If this is the case then I don't agree because if every thread was strictly education related, this would become a very boring place.

That's my pennys worth lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chris_)
    Ive been here since about July (I was one of the unregistered scoundrels for a while) and it has gradually deteriorated over that time. There is not much worthy of discussion anymore, which is why I dont visit very often..
    I haven't been on much lately.

d should ban unregistereds, then he can keep control over the members, and rule the forum with an iron fist!

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    Same here! I know that some people want to remain anonymous but there's far too many people who come here and mess about. IP banning won't work since most people's IPs change when they reconnect.

Btw, I have only been here for like 2/3 months but I think it's time to change the look of this forum! It looks just like another 'generic' forum IMO. Is it the software that is used to run the forum which is the limiting factor? I know about 3 or 4 forums which have the exact buttons, layout and 'stuff'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    The downfall of this board is largely down to moderators who edit and delete everything for political correctness.
    Political Correctness? I don't think so, I think the mods do an excellent job of editing carefully what should and shouldn't be said, and although everyone has the right to say what they want (don't want to sound contradictory here ) some things should not be allowed to remain where they're inappropriate.

It's should have a comma in it.

ReputationRep:
    The mods do a good job, but it is the unregistereds that are the problem. Many post seriously, but if they want to participate in the discussions they should register.

ReputationRep:
    Many forums let unregistered users reply to threads but not create them. Maybe this kind of approach could be considered.

Afterall, if it doesnt work or the forum population diminishes, it can always be changed back!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.