Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisbphd)
    I haven't ever heard of anyone committing suicide as a result of being at Christ's. People here usually have the last laugh when it comes to degree results.
    At least, the ones of Oriental descent...

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben.S.)
    At least, the ones of Oriental descent...

Ben
    That could be seen as slightly racist. I assure you that it isn't. More often than not it is true.

ReputationRep:
    That could be seen as slightly racist. I assure you that it isn't. More often than not it is true.
    I know, lol. It's a compliment anyhow.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't ever heard of anyone committing suicide as a result of being at Christ's. People here usually have the last laugh when it comes to degree results.
    is it true that christs have showers in the library? Or is it just an urban myth?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I know - we discuss that every day. I'm next door, remember? Hello, Chris! *waves*

Ben

ReputationRep:
    It is true that Christ's have showers in the library. They are the showers for the accommodation staircase opposite the library. They are NOT for people who stay in the library 24/7. Nobody does that.

ReputationRep:
    It is true that Christ's have showers in the library. They are the showers for the accommodation staircase opposite the library. They are NOT for people who stay in the library 24/7. Nobody does that.

Not even the orientals?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Not even the orientals?
    No - they have to go to lectures.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    Nobody does that.
    Oh really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ralfskini)
    Not even the orientals?
    I don't go in there often enough to notice, but most of them get such good results that they have the en-suite rooms (people who get a first get priority in room selection, other than that it is a ballot), so they don't need them.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a first year? I think there's a good chance that they may do in the easter term.

ReputationRep:
    I don't go in there often enough to notice, but most of them get such good results that they have the en-suite rooms (people who get a first get priority in room selection, other than that it is a ballot), so they don't need them.
    Having said that, I wish to join them in Chinatown.

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toffee)
    Oh really?
    Really. You must be quite dillusioned.

(a) for thinking that people spend all day every day in the library
    (b) for associating yourself with Blamps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    Are you a first year? I think there's a good chance that they may do in the easter term.
    I am a first year, and the people here are normal, contrary to popular misconception.

ReputationRep:
    Really. You must be quite dillusioned.

(a) for thinking that people spend all day every day in the library
    (b) for associating yourself with Blamps
    (a)Sarcasm.
    (b)Refrain from insulting members of the executive, please.

ReputationRep:
    (a)Sarcasm.
    (b)Please refrain from insulting members of the executive, please.
    The executive? Of what? What gives you the right to call yourselves an executive? Power obsessives more like.

ReputationRep:
    I am a first year, and the people here are normal, contrary to popular misconception.
    What he means is that you haven't had the Easter term yet - when revision fever sets in. I could have just opened my mouth and told you that, but this is better (in an introvert way).

Ben

ReputationRep:
    The executive? Of what? What gives you the right to call yourselves an executive? Power obsessives more like.
    Don't take everything we say so seriously. That is a suggestion, not an order, in case you interpret it wrongly, which you seem to have a knack for doing.

ReputationRep:
    Don't take everything we say so seriously. That is a suggestion, not an order, in case you interpret it wrongly, which you seem to have a knack for doing.
    Is this the royal 'we', or are you two attached at the hips?

Ben

ReputationRep:
    I thought people grew out of childish games like this. Obviously there are some who don't.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.